DDF Exclusive Tata Play Mobile App News, Discussions & Updates

• Thread starter Mr.Bhat
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 227
  • Views: Views 52,318
After buying new connection, same/next day contact customer care they will raise a request on behalf of you and Tata Play will call you within 24-48 hours and tell them to merge my old ID with new ID.

Remember your both connection must be with Same Name and old ID should be atleast 150 days old.
Same name and same mob number bro?

Same name and same mob number bro?
Only Name should be same.

And if it's not then address and mobile number should be same. I have done merge process two times on different connections which was on my father's name , firstly they asked me to change name of old to that of new one (long process) but I convinced them on Call by verifying my address , Phone number and everything by my own.

Firstly I bought Binge Connection in 6000 offer in summer last year then in December I want Secondary Connection. So instead of paying 900/- for Multi Tv. I bought Tata Play HD connection from market in 3100/- with 4000/- balance (without ODU).
And after installation next day I merge my Old (Binge +) connection to new Tata play HD. And balance got merge.
In total, I pay 9100/- and got 10,000/- as balance with two connection. (One complete and 2nd without ODU).
U should have opted for their HD box cashback offer (Rs. 4000 upfront payment or Rs. 2000 i don't remember exactly) and for 2ndary connection they would have offered further discount or complimentary subscription of channels and above all Rs. 500 discount which is applicable on buying new multi tv connection .
There was no need to go thru the hasslw like u did

Yes you have to take a complete new connection and you will be alloted with a new ID.
I did the same, firstly there is Official Tata Play Service Centre / Consumer Centre in my area and I asked them that I don't want ODU just need COMPLETE Box only (with HDMI, Remote etc.) So they were saying in 400/- less we can give you Box with 4000/- balance.
But I rejected this because in 3600/- from Amazon I was getting complete new connection with 4000/- balance.

2nd I visited my local dealer he was giving 600/- (3400/- me 4000/- balance) but I told him about Amazon offer 😂 then he gave me in 3100/- with 4000/- balance.

Try to take Binge box (with all accessories of box) in 5100/- with 6000/- balance otherwise on Amazon you are getting Complete new connection (with Dish Antenna) in 5599/- with 6000/- (pic below)
*BUT DO CONTACT AMAZON SELLER IF YOU WISH TO OPT FOR IT

Also remember I was already having unused new Tata Play Antenna and cable.
If you want to use same existing dish antenna then you have to purchase Tata Play Dual Port LNB and wire.

Wire cost in Tata Play is 12/- per metre and 8/- per metre in Airtel ( From Authorised Airtel Service Centre).

When one buys secondary connection then Dual or Multi Port LNB as needed alongwith 10 meter free wiring is provided at no additional cost.

Just to save few bucks u r buying new connection but ultimately all of the old equipment / ODU u have is going wasted. Not a wise thing to do specially if u r conscious of environmental changes which adversely impact all , the effect gets multiplied if we use resources in exaggerated manner or over use it without a reason. Operators offer subsidies on new connection to attract more customers to them but if old customers start misusing such offers then it is not a good thing to do bro specially when Tata Play or other companies already r offering u multiple benefits or discounts as an existing user. Ultimately u r in a small manner mounting adverse financial burden on the company and even not thinking about environment as new ODU uses precious natural resources of earth , if large part of customer start to follow this trend then it is lot of cause to worry

I just hope Tata Play and other operators disallow customers buying multiple new connections on same address and merging it into one ID few days later.

When one buys secondary connection then Dual or Multi Port LNB as needed alongwith 10 meter free wiring is provided at no additional cost.

Just to save few bucks u r buying new connection but ultimately all of the old equipment / ODU u have is going wasted. Not a wise thing to do specially if u r conscious of environmental changes which adversely impact all , the effect gets multiplied if we use resources in exaggerated manner or over use it without a reason. Operators offer subsidies on new connection to attract more customers to them but if old customers start misusing such offers then it is not a good thing to do bro specially when Tata Play or other companies already r offering u multiple benefits or discounts as an existing user. Ultimately u r in a small manner mounting adverse financial burden on the company and even not thinking about environment as new ODU uses precious natural resources of earth , if large part of customer start to follow this trend then it is lot of cause to worry

I just hope Tata Play and other operators disallow customers buying multiple new connections on same address and merging it into one ID few days later.
Are you reading the answers properly or just typing blindly long paragraphs.

I know Tata Play provides dual LNB and wire when we opt for Multi TV from SAME ID only. And I am not talking about opting for Multi tv from same ID.

It's completely different what you have quoted on what I have said 👀

Last edited:
U should have opted for their HD box cashback offer (Rs. 4000 upfront payment or Rs. 2000 i don't remember exactly) and for 2ndary connection they would have offered further discount or complimentary subscription of channels and above all Rs. 500 discount which is applicable on buying new multi tv connection .
There was no need to go thru the hasslw like u did
My wish, my connection. I haven't gone through any hassle.
What's wrong in merging account if Tata Play is providing this service.

I got 900/- extra then why should I opt for any further discount. And No such discounts are available in Tata Play.

Sorry but you are not reading anybody's replies properly, you are only eager to reply no matter what.
This is Pathetic.....

Just to save few bucks u r buying new connection but ultimately all of the old equipment / ODU u have is going wasted. Not a wise thing to do specially if u r conscious of environmental changes which adversely impact all , the effect gets multiplied if we use resources in exaggerated manner or over use it without a reason.
My dear Brother (of Greta Thunberg).
We are NOT TALKING about buying ODU, only box.
Not ODU, Only Box
Not ODU, Only Box
Not ODU, Only Box
Not ODU, Only Box

Please read complete Conversation AGAIN 😊

Operators offer subsidies on new connection to attract more customers to them but if old customers start misusing such offers then it is not a good thing to do bro specially when Tata Play or other companies already r offering u multiple benefits or discounts as an existing user. Ultimately u r in a small manner mounting adverse financial burden on the company.
For you Kind Information,
I have asked Tata Play Authorised service centre. There only Tata Play officials are providing in new connection WITHOUT ODU 3600/- with 4000/- ( with installation).
So there is no misuse if Tata Play is also selling the same.

But my local dealer was selling the same in 3100/- with 4000/- (without installation).
Local dealer is discounting so much because there is no installation and
He will sell my ODU in market at whatever price it is of.

Tata Play Official manager Suggested me that you are getting a good offer go for it.
Even Tata Play knows all this.

Do you think they will listen to you 👀?

Are you reading the answers properly or just typing blindly long paragraphs.

I know Tata Play provides dual LNB and wire when we opt for Multi TV from SAME ID only. And I am not talking about opting for Multi tv from same ID.

It's completely different what you have quoted on what I have said 👀

Please atleast read and understand what i stated. I said u should have opted for Multi TV option rather than buying new connection under New Subscriber ID and merging it with Old ID...all this just to save few hundred rupees but causing other adverse impacts to environment and Tata Play as a company

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock