DDF Exclusive Tata Play provides 207 Channels & Services as Complementary In the Initial NCF Slab Of Rs 153

Please educate me where I'm wrong. and limit your answer to the point I mention below only.

Old regime - TS took 20ps (or so) from broadcasters for some FTA channels. Made 99 base pack with them which included those FTA channels + some channels like Star Sports 2 and First. All other channels (pay or FTA) are chargeable.

New regime - TS still taking 20ps from all FTA channels. Then it is giving them to us at 153 after removing the sports channels and only included FTA channels. All pay channels are chargeable again.!!

So, TS is getting 153 for what they previously got 99. How is it a loss to TS? They should be more than happy for it.

The only minor (very minor) loss to them is that previously some subscribers paid 5-10 Rs for alacarte FTA channels. (Only those channels which were not part of base+regional packs, which were very rare, like English News channels). Now, they are truly FTA, subject to NCF limit.
However, With 54 Rs extra (153-99), they will more than 10 times compensate for this loss.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong. Looks like most of these 190 FTA channels are part of 99 base pack that was sold previously at 99. So, basically, TS is now charging 153 for the same channels. Right?
Some may say that this 153 is NCF and not the price. But for subscriber, minimum package previously was 99 for these channels. Now minimum package = 153 for the same channels.
Blame the looter TRAI...
Our old ₹99 base pack was much better than existing ₹153 ncf

Blame the looter TRAI...
Our old ₹99 base pack was much better than existing ₹153 ncf
Dude TRAI never said 153 is compulsory. That is the maximum limit. TS can even make it 50 Rs.
TS and other DPOs are looting people intentionally and blaming it on TRAI.
I listened to an interview yesterday with some market expert. He pointed it out correctly. In Telecom industry also previously operators used to loot people by charging 15-16 Rs per minute. Then TRAI entered and kept maximum ceiling at 4 Rs per minute. Initially people said that this was too costly forgetting that it was only maximum limit and not minimum. All operators also kept prices at 4 Rs. Then game started. 1 operator reduced it to 2 Rs. Other reduced it to 1 Rs. Finally Docomo made it 1 paise per second. And all others followed suit.
Similar thing will happen when Jio enters the market. I'm sure that they'll make NCF as 99 or even less. And then the game will start.

Last edited:
Dude TRAI never said 153 is compulsory. That is the maximum limit. TS can even make it 50 Rs.
TS and other DPOs are looting people intentionally and blaming it on TRAI
Ohhhh...thanks for the info. was not aware of that.
Dishtv is the biggest chindi here...they are charging ₹153.60.
Not even leaving 60p 😂🤣

Tatasky have higest fta channels 260+
Also i clear your all doubt which Anish bhai not mentioned if you chose Tatasky any pack you will automatically get 193 channels.
If you subscribe fta pack which have 100 fta channels at just 153 rs also you get fta promo pack which have 193 channels including 28 dd channels so you get 260+ channels at just 153 rs

Can some one give the PDF or Excel of the list of 190 FTA channels Promo complimentary pack of Tatasky...or provide the link if it is available in Tatasky website..
Also is there a list of other FTA channels of Tatasky which will be included in NCF count.

Last edited:
Can some one give the PDF or Excel of the list of 190 FTA channels Promo pack of Tatasky...or provide the link if it is available in Tatasky website..
Also is there a list of other FTA channels of Tatasky which will be included in NCF count.
Tata Sky Packs
https://www.tatasky.com/wps/wcm/con...&CACHEID=5c389cd4-bcc8-44d9-8ac3-4594012ce6e5
FTA Basic Pack
https://www.tatasky.com/wps/wcm/con...&CACHEID=22c1818b-68cf-454d-a0d2-0b30eabfb26e
Broadcaster Packs
https://www.tatasky.com/wps/wcm/con...&CACHEID=d68a5322-71e1-4800-b860-becf7d1212b7

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock