Breaking Tata Play removed all Sony network channels from existing packs; to be available only on à-la-carte basis

• Thread starter Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 122
  • Views Views: Views 19,054
Haha good joke, people who have watched Ten cricket know that there is no comparison between Ten 5 and Ten Cricket, most of the Indians dont know that the quality of content that is being shown outside India is on another level and ppl will know only when they will get access to such content so not anyone fault , to answer in few words, all these sony sports and star sports show only indian matches that too where they won for trp while Ten cricket show matches of all countries even the classics evergreen matches and there is no biasness or partiality done.

Bcoz in India, Cricket featuring Indian Team or Cricketers gets maximum viewership.....buddy i agree Ten Cricket did show lot of variety of classic cricket matches but unfortunately in today's age and time with broadcasters under immense pressure for channels to perform well and recover high cost incurred in buying content rights so there have been changes in scheduling strategy which helps best monetize content so i do not think we can expect replay of 2000s style programming schedule at present however do share ur feedback with Sony Sports on X and tag channel head in ur tweet too.

Also just to be clear when i said there is no difference between erstwhile Ten Cricket and Sony Sports 5 i meant positioning of the channel which is airing cricket.....lastly do u know even in Sri Lanka where Ten Cricket is available the pricing of the channel would be very high and still in India we get access to lot of content at extremely low price....plz do take this into account too before drawing comparisons and ofcourse there is a huge difference in sports broadcast business model

It made sense and before shutdown Sony Mix promoted MTV Beats as talks had reached almost final stage for Sony-Viacom18 merger but Sony disagreed with its digital platform Sony Liv being part of the merger and its operational control being under Reliance....also initially sony was to have 74% stake in merged entity but latter Reliance decided it wants to have controlling staks of 51 % so merger was called off.... AXN shutdown was infact also a decision which i believe would have been taken once merger talks reached final stages but thankfully its shutdown was delayed by little bit and by then even falling viewership of niche channels and the whole improper implementation or hurdles faced in implementation of NTO added to difficulties thereby smaller broadcasters like Sony felt more need to shutdown channels which are not making profit
Sony is making big fuss of all this, Sony channels have been removed from few curated packs and still part of many curated packs also obviously they are part of top ups and always present on ala carte basis, typical Sony going over the top as always 😂, from this ppl can get some idea why their mergers always failed, they are not just good enough to do business with and ppl who are loyal fans of sony will not like this so its fine.

Last edited:
Bcoz in India, Cricket featuring Indian Team or Cricketers gets maximum viewership.....buddy i agree Ten Cricket did show lot of variety of classic cricket matches but unfortunately in today's age and time with broadcasters under immense pressure for channels to perform well and recover high cost incurred in buying content rights so there have been changes in scheduling strategy which helps best monetize content so i do not think we can expect replay of 2000s style programming schedule at present however do share ur feedback with Sony Sports on X and tag channel head in ur tweet too.

Also just to be clear when i said there is no difference between erstwhile Ten Cricket and Sony Sports 5 i meant positioning of the channel which is airing cricket.....lastly do u know even in Sri Lanka where Ten Cricket is available the pricing of the channel would be very high and still in India we get access to lot of content at extremely low price....plz do take this into account too before drawing comparisons and ofcourse there is a huge difference in sports broadcast business model
Ten cricket is bit expensive as it is priced at RS 124 which equals to around RS 35 Inr but its content is very good , I agree with you on this that Indian broadcasters are in immense pressure because of Trai , I recall before TRAI NTO, the content that was being shown here at that time was much better so ya that is why I never blamed any broadcaster.

It made sense and before shutdown Sony Mix promoted MTV Beats as talks had reached almost final stage for Sony-Viacom18 merger but Sony disagreed with its digital platform Sony Liv being part of the merger and its operational control being under Reliance....also initially sony was to have 74% stake in merged entity but latter Reliance decided it wants to have controlling staks of 51 % so merger was called off.... AXN shutdown was infact also a decision which i believe would have been taken once merger talks reached final stages but thankfully its shutdown was delayed by little bit and by then even falling viewership of niche channels and the whole improper implementation or hurdles faced in implementation of NTO added to difficulties thereby smaller broadcasters like Sony felt more need to shutdown channels which are not making profit
Oh so that's why Sony mix shutdown

Last edited:

Bro one suggestion ignore princeman123

Last edited:
Haha good joke, people who have watched Ten cricket know that there is no comparison between Ten 5 and Ten Cricket, most of the Indians dont know that the quality of content that is being shown outside India is on another level and ppl will know only when they will get access to such content so not anyone fault , to answer in few words, all these sony sports and star sports show only indian matches that too where they won for trp while Ten cricket show matches of all countries even the classics evergreen matches and there is no biasness or partiality done.
HBO, Star Movies, AXN, Ten Sports.... etc are 90's kids favorite channels

Back
Top Bottom