Breaking Tata Play removed all Sony network channels from existing packs; to be available only on à-la-carte basis

• Thread starter Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 122
  • Views Views: Views 19,054
But Sony channels are still in Marathi hindi super value,then why it is removed from Marathi Dhamaal pack? Even Sony BBC Earth is gone in Dhamaal pack!!
At least they should have kept the channels until pack expires. We have paid for the package, removing the channels from the packs before expiry is not done!

At least they should have kept the channels until pack expires. We have paid for the package, removing the channels from the packs before expiry is not done!
The money gets deducted on DBR, so you don't actually pay for the whole month at once.

If channels have been removed, then the package price also gets reduced which in turn reduces the DBR, thereby extending the recharge validity

You are hater of Sony if you don't watch Sony then why are doing message here I know you are worried about axn shutdown but pls understand no one watch axn at that time so that's why they decided to shutdown.
I was not a hater of sony but tbh over the time I started hating them not just for shutting down AXN as you said that no one used to watch it when it was shut down but I used to watch it and there were many like me and AXN had loyal fanbase but sony went ahead and killed it anyway which is still okay but before that they Swapped Animax with Yay without prior notice, they bought sports channel from Zee and killed identity of Ten Sports, Ten Cricket and I will tell you what they are still running Ten Cricket in Sri Lanka but they are depriving Indian users of such a legendary channel, they never listen to their customers as even after request they shut down channels like Mix, Espn and Sony is part of every chaos that happens whether it was failed merger with Zee, Sony fiasco with Tata in 2018 and now, Sony channels getting blocked in local cable operators, Sony is always part of everything that goes around that is why they are worst.

Problem is not with Sony, Sony is good, but after loss of ipl rights they lost their negotiation power and other power so that's why issues are coming up, and Sony not killed ten sports and axn, animax, just few peoples support for this channels like axn and animax not all people so that's why they decided to shutdown them.
I was not a hater of sony but tbh over the time I started hating them not just for shutting down AXN as you said that no one used to watch it when it was shut down but I used to watch it and there were many like me and AXN had loyal fanbase but sony went ahead and killed it anyway which is still okay but before that they Swapped Animax with Yay without prior notice, they bought sports channel from Zee and killed identity of Ten Sports, Ten Cricket and I will tell you what they are still running Ten Cricket in Sri Lanka but they are depriving Indian users of such a legendary channel, they never listen to their customers as even after request they shut down channels like Mix, Espn and Sony is part of every chaos that happens whether it was failed merger with Zee, Sony fiasco with Tata in 2018 and now, Sony channels getting blocked in local cable operators, Sony is always part of everything that goes around that is why they are worst.

I know shutdown of Sony mix doesn't make sense.

The money gets deducted on DBR, so you don't actually pay for the whole month at once.

If channels have been removed, then the package price also gets reduced which in turn reduces the DBR, thereby extending the recharge validity
What he meant to say was that when a user subscribed to a bouquet it had Sony Channels so atleast Tata Play should continue to provide channels till the time customer decides to change the bouquet

I know shutdown of Sony mix doesn't make sense.
It made sense and before shutdown Sony Mix promoted MTV Beats as talks had reached almost final stage for Sony-Viacom18 merger but Sony disagreed with its digital platform Sony Liv being part of the merger and its operational control being under Reliance....also initially sony was to have 74% stake in merged entity but latter Reliance decided it wants to have controlling staks of 51 % so merger was called off.... AXN shutdown was infact also a decision which i believe would have been taken once merger talks reached final stages but thankfully its shutdown was delayed by little bit and by then even falling viewership of niche channels and the whole improper implementation or hurdles faced in implementation of NTO added to difficulties thereby smaller broadcasters like Sony felt more need to shutdown channels which are not making profit

Ten Cricket and Sony Sports 5 r one and the same thing buddy.....why this need to have TEN branding whose full form was Taj Entertainment Network as this company started TEN Sports in India later Zee bought the company and got control of Ten Sports network channels latter Sony bought these channels and rebranding was done

Last edited:
Problem is not with Sony, Sony is good, but after loss of ipl rights they lost their negotiation power and other power so that's why issues are coming up, and Sony not killed ten sports and axn, animax, just few peoples support for this channels like axn and animax not all people so that's why they decided to shutdown them.
The least they can do is inform the viewers before taking such decisions which they mostly dont 🥱

Ten Cricket and Sony Sports 5 r one and the same thing buddy.....why this need to have TEN branding whose full form was Taj Entertainment Network as this company started TEN Sports in India later Zee bought the company and got control of Ten Sports network channels latter Sony bought these channels and rebranding was done
Haha good joke, people who have watched Ten cricket know that there is no comparison between Ten 5 and Ten Cricket, most of the Indians dont know that the quality of content that is being shown outside India is on another level and ppl will know only when they will get access to such content so not anyone fault , to answer in few words, all these sony sports and star sports show only indian matches that too where they won for trp while Ten cricket show matches of all countries even the classics evergreen matches and there is no biasness or partiality done.

Back
Top Bottom