Breaking Tata Sky applying new TRAI tariff order in website

• Thread starter N.K raj
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,184
  • Views: Views 169,335
Guys... For first 100 channels it's include pay channels as well right ? Or only FTA channels? Because I can't able to choose individual channels in website...

Guys... For first 100 channels it's include pay channels as well right ? Or only FTA channels? Because I can't able to choose individual channels in website...
Pay or FTA, you can choose anything.

Also go through all details before misleading public to believe our government is good and trai is for people

₹153 is the minimum ncf

Network Capacity Fee (NCF)
For the first 100 channels – ₹130 + taxes

For every slab of next 25 channels or less:

₹20 + taxes if no. of channels is more than 15
₹1 per channel + taxes for 15 or less channels

Bro Rs. 153 NCF is the maximum upper limit set by TRAI, operators r free to charge less than this but providing 100 FTA channels is compulsory in this primary slab. If a subscriber wishes to add pay channels in the available 75 slots (25 reserved for dd channels) then they can do so and pay extra for concerned channel or bouquet.

Also don't go too much into analysis of Tata Sky's implementation of TRAI Order, they have always tried to block it by adopting every trick in the bag. Right now too they will find ways to keep prices at high level so that subscribers feel burden and blame TRAI for bringing this rule.

What Tata Sky will refrain from is reducing their NCF on primary or secondary connection, give more complimentary Free To Air channels at less cost, pass on duscounts they r getting from broadcasters thru preferential LCN placement or discounts offered when more subscribers opt for a particular channel or bouquet etc. Already bcoz of them A-La-Carte rates r bit on higher side thus forcing subscribers to opt for clubbed channels in bouquet.

Request u to not come to any conclusion on basis of what Tata Sky tries to portray, we r discussing things here and they r spending crores to block this new regime. If Tata Sky cared so much about us then why did they not pass on GST benefit to us or give proper monthly refund for Sony Channels or give us channels at affordable rates.

In previous system broadcasters used to get payment in advance for all their channels and cared little to improve content, rather they kept launching useless channels and forced us to pay for it. On other hand operators like Tata Sky showed their subscriber strength and got massive discounts in long term fixed deal, they designed own packages which were sold at inflated amount and profit margin was huge.

Now neither broadcasters nor operators can bring policies just to suit vested interest, channels will have to bring good content , priced economical or shut down and operators won't have free hand to maneuver deals and yield max returns.

NCF or profit margin were part of package charges previously too, it is just that subscribers did not have data break up available. Prices we used to pay was little less bcoz broadcasters were happy earning crores in advance revenue by offering discounts and operators passed part of it to us. This will not happen now and in near future benefit us immensely on quality + cost of content

I am sure that In coming months channel prices and NCF will reduce.

Let's just wait for few weeks :)

Yes Anish Bro, people r acting or reacting with much impatience, let the rules first get implemented properly and then see the outcome post grounding period.

Already Viacom18 CEO said in an interview that these bouquet or channel rates r based on estimation of popularity and actual viewership or subscription in coming months will lead to correction in prices.

We should avoid blatant criricism even before a thing has formaly come into effect. I am 100% sure majority of people will be praising TRAI after few months when positive results start to appear

yes.Not repeating movies.i bored with same movies. :love::love::love:

More than repeated movies, i am getting doubly irritated with hindi movies channels mostly telecasting dubbed south indian movies. Things were better even during late 90's or early 2000's where despite 3 or 4 hindi movie channels we had wide variety of bollywood movies available for watching as compared to the present sutuation where 80% airtime is blocked for south indian cinema.

I guess even south indian movie channels do not show this much content, we bollywood cinema viewers feel cheated and hopeless now. I am okay with some time being alloted to regional cinema or separate channels for dubbed cinema but atleast 4 or 5 Bollywood channels should also be there to opt from.

So got the 5 sports channels i wanted and watch for 250 rs :oops: is this real?

and what us Network Fee? is it like access fee?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock