Breaking Tata Sky applying new TRAI tariff order in website

• Thread starter N.K raj
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,184
  • Views: Views 169,335
So got the 5 sports channels i wanted and watch for 250 rs :oops: is this real?

and what us Network Fee? is it like access fee?
This is what d2h site explains about Network Capacity free (ncf):

Network capacity fee (NCF) means the amount (excluding taxes), payable by a subscriber to THE COMPANY for distribution network capacity subscribed by that subscriber to receive signals of subscribed television channels and It does not include subscription fee for pay channel or bouquet of pay channels, as the case may be.

Each “d2h” subscriber shall pay Rs. 130 (taxes extra) as NCF for first 100 SD Channels including FTA and paid channels. However, for paid channels, subscriber shall be charged subscription fee in addition to NCF.

For every additional lot of 25 channels the NCF will be :
- If between 1-15 channels : NCF to be charged on per channel basis at ₹1/per month/channel
- If between 16 and 25 channels : NCF to be charged lump sum at ₹20/per month

One HD channel shall be treated equal to two SD channels for the purpose of calculating number of channels within the distribution network capacity subscribed.

Network Capacity Fee | d2h DTH Service India
------------------

Similar thing applies on TS and other operators post TRAI rules.

So got the 5 sports channels i wanted and watch for 250 rs :oops: is this real?

and what us Network Fee? is it like access fee?

Why r u chosing sports channels on a-la-carte basis and making this observation. Infact in earlier regime u would have paid upwards of Rs. 30p in Tata Sky for 5 SD sports channels in Make My Pack option. Also please mail to Tata Sky and ask why they blocked 15% bouquet price discount rule.

Just choose bouquet which suits u best in present regime and pay accordingly. Most people opt for sports channels during sports events though broadcasters like Star r giving some key sports channels even in lowest bouquet.

If u get to interact with Tata Sky then please request them to not bring in 30 day lock in policy again which i fear they might be contemplating so that if subscriber opts for higher pack then he or she stays with it for a month

This is what d2h site explains about Network Capacity free (ncf):

Network capacity fee (NCF) means the amount (excluding taxes), payable by a subscriber to THE COMPANY for distribution network capacity subscribed by that subscriber to receive signals of subscribed television channels and It does not include subscription fee for pay channel or bouquet of pay channels, as the case may be.

Each “d2h” subscriber shall pay Rs. 130 (taxes extra) as NCF for first 100 SD Channels including FTA and paid channels. However, for paid channels, subscriber shall be charged subscription fee in addition to NCF.

For every additional lot of 25 channels the NCF will be :
- If between 1-15 channels : NCF to be charged on per channel basis at ₹1/per month/channel
- If between 16 and 25 channels : NCF to be charged lump sum at ₹20/per month

One HD channel shall be treated equal to two SD channels for the purpose of calculating number of channels within the distribution network capacity subscribed.

Network Capacity Fee | d2h DTH Service India
------------------

Similar thing applies on TS and other operators post TRAI rules.
I think Tata sky is providing with DD+ FTA channels for 153 and 100channels space.. I am just interpreting this and it said DD+ Complimentary pack when I chose my packs on their website..

I think many people who are thinking that new TRAI rules are benefiting them are not adding NCF to their total price.

To the people, who said it will be cheaper!!
I am paying 560/ month with a lot more chanels, many of which I periodically watch. Now after new rule.. The most strange thing is, it still doesn't include all the required chanels.. Didn't understand what was the benifit of this, while many people shouting in favour of it.. And in future 'price will come down' is a utterly useless logic. No one can predict that.
Screenshot-20190125-022018

Last edited:
Tata Sky Providing DD Channels Free which Others May Follow

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock