Breaking Tata Sky applying new TRAI tariff order in website

• Thread starter N.K raj
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,184
  • Views: Views 170,098
TATA sky introduced their own Base packages according to Trai not as per Broadcasters add-ons .. But it's good n Very helpful for all Users to select the Packages now at much cheaper :)
Were the broadcasters' packs imposing an additional charge over and above the TRAI recommended rates? :huh: Give an example of any one network.

Pricing apart, Tata Sky proved their superiority again in the implementation. Look at the way they have designed this whole thing. It's as if something very nice is happening to your packs, though it's exactly the opposite. I'm sure they have a very good back end Dev team. These guys are premium for a reason!!

Airtel had done a pathetic job at this, and as soon as we see their web page for channel selection, we will desperately want to run away from it!!

But you said as if it was a general statement. You need to specify what you mean when you give a statement right?
Anyways, for a current south platinum HD subscriber who would spend roughly Rs. 750 per month (8900 for 12 months); can anybody suggest a pack/bouquet/combination that contains the same number of channels for similar pricing?
TRAI kind of expects Ultra and Platinum users to pay more in the new regime, they consider these people as rich. That's not Tata Sky's fault!

Pricing apart, Tata Sky proved their superiority again in the implementation. Look at the way they have designed this whole thing. It's as if something very nice is happening to your packs, though it's exactly the opposite. I'm sure they have a very good back end Dev team. These guys are premium for a reason!!

Airtel had done a pathetic job at this, and as soon as we see their web page for channel selection, we will desperately want to run away from it!!
I see a huge room for improvement in the design; the cart value doesn't show up anywhere on the page until you proceed with checkout.

Now other operators will get idea n follow Ts packages ;)

Also, if the broadcaster simulcasts same content on SD and HD feed, we may select HD and omit SD (like Udaya TV and Udaya TV HD). But when SD and HD both have different content (Zee Kannada, Star Suvarna, Colors Kannada) for SD and HD channels, we need to select both channels paying 2x price. This is illogical; broadcasters should simulcast SD and HD channels immediately.

I am totally disagree with TRAI new rule (platinum hd user) and multi tv connection user too

Last edited:

The bold part is hilarious!😂🤣🤪

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock