Seeking Help Tata sky HD vs Tata sky Binge + Picture quality.

Hitesh.geek

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just got a new 50 inch Acer advance i series 4k tv. SD channel looks horrible and pixelated(most of the channel)

I am using Tata sky HD set top box, I have checked binge+ specifications on Tata play website and it is showing 1080i resolution(Same resolution is on HD box)

So, Binge+ box improve any quality on SD channel. Does it worth to upgrade ? My only concern is about DTH channels (Not required ott box as my TV is Google TV)

PS. My parents watch regional TV channel.

Good Evening,
I have TCL 4K 50" Android tv , I formerly used Tata play HD Set top box in which SD channels were horrible as u said, but HD channels are good. Recently 5 days ago I have upgraded to Tata play Binge + set top box , The UI is normal , SD channels are looking good comparing to HD Set top box. But HD channels are somewhat of less quality (seems like 720p) , and Since it's an Android box and of only 2GB ram , Vol (+/-) buttons work slow , but the rest of the apps / ott they provide is Of better quality. These are the pros & cons on Tata play Binge + . And the Record ⏺️ & replay option is available for only particular channels .U can also use normal tata play remote for navigating between DTH channels (if u feel that the Android Box remote is working slow) . IMO - Tata play HD box is best for Easy Use & Better viewing for HD channels & Tata play Binge + is for ott /DTH lovers with constrained Picture quality & UI.

Good Evening,
I have TCL 4K 50" Android tv , I formerly used Tata play HD Set top box in which SD channels were horrible as u said, but HD channels are good. Recently 5 days ago I have upgraded to Tata play Binge + set top box , The UI is normal , SD channels are looking good comparing to HD Set top box. But HD channels are somewhat of less quality (seems like 720p) , and Since it's an Android box and of only 2GB ram , Vol (+/-) buttons work slow , but the rest of the apps / ott they provide is Of better quality. These are the pros & cons on Tata play Binge + . And the Record ⏺️ & replay option is available for only particular channels .U can also use normal tata play remote for navigating between DTH channels (if u feel that the Android Box remote is working slow) . IMO - Tata play HD box is best for Easy Use & Better viewing for HD channels & Tata play Binge + is for ott /DTH lovers with constrained Picture quality & UI.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience and review in details.

So i better stick with Tata HD box.

Btw do you have any experience with Airtel Xtreame box. Does it better than SD and HD channel pictures quality.

One who have experience with tata and Airtel please share your experience and review.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and review in details.

So i better stick with Tata HD box.

Btw do you have any experience with Airtel Xtreame box. Does it better than SD and HD channel pictures quality.

One who have experience with tata and Airtel please share your experience and review.
Personally I prefer not to go into Airtel DTH , cuz they are charging so much comparing to Tata play & if u don't recharge u may get fine on next recharge.
And basic HD Tv channels seem to be dim in Airtel. Inferior audio quality too.

But tata play (HD Box alone not Binge Box ) has Best of best Picture quality.
And good Dolby 5.1 ch audio too.

Dolby audio experience in Tata play Binge Is Extremely Good Compared to Tata play HD Box .

If u have any other ans u can contact me in Telegram bro !

Telegram id - @-------Removed------ 😊

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Evening,
Play with various settings like resolution and sdr to HDR mode and let me know😎..I am sure you will get better quality..for example in my 50"inch vu tv, 1080p 60hz output is giving brighter and sharper picture as compared to 4k output, so similarly you can try it sdr to HDR, after turning on picture quality and colors are better as compared to sdr mode

Play with various settings like resolution and sdr to HDR mode and let me know😎..I am sure you will get better quality..for example in my 50"inch vu tv, 1080p 60hz output is giving brighter and sharper picture as compared to 4k output, so similarly you can try it sdr to HDR, after turning on picture quality and colors are better as compared to sdr mode
Ohh ! Thanks for info 😊 dude will check and let u know . And can u pls tell how to change resolution from HDR to SDR ?

Picture quality is slightly better in tataplay(binge) compared to airtel(xtreme).I used both in 75 inch sony tv.But if you are from south..go to sundirect the other two are no way near (may be never)it in hd picture quality comparable in sd.Blindly go to sundirect and u will never regret.I used all the three in the same tv in the span of 6 months Sundirect-----airtel----tatasky----back to sundirect.Disappointed with both tataplay and airtel.

Thank you so much guys for sharing your expertise and experience. I already used 1080i 60Hz. No sdr to Hdr option available in my Acer advance I series TV as well in Tata HD set top box. Seems Tata is provide better picture and audio quality compare to Airtel. So airtel will be removed from the list.

Any marginal difference between tata HD vs binge+ in terms of pictures quality (SD and HD tv channels)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock