Seeking Help Tata sky HD vs Tata sky Binge + Picture quality.

Thank you so much guys for sharing your expertise and experience. I already used 1080i 60Hz. No sdr to Hdr option available in my Acer advance I series TV as well in Tata HD set top box. Seems Tata is provide better picture and audio quality compare to Airtel. So airtel will be removed from the list.

Any marginal difference between tata HD vs binge+ in terms of pictures quality (SD and HD tv channels)
Binge+ has 1080p output whereas hd box only 1080i

While I have not used the new tataplay hd box but I have one panna box(2019 model) , the sd picture quality in binge+ is 40% better than hd box..in hd box channels appears smoky , not clear whereas in binge+ HDR mode it is sharper,more clearer rich and deep color

That being said , binge+ is not a cheap box..ask your friend or family who are using it for few hours and test it yourself or visit nearby tataplay store and check.

Btw what is your hd box model number?

Don't edit transponder for hd and android box in all dth nothing not useful, tuner is locked for all dth provider,except dd free dish

Binge+ has 1080p output whereas hd box only 1080i

While I have not used the new tataplay hd box but I have one panna box(2019 model) , the sd picture quality in binge+ is 40% better than hd box..in hd box channels appears smoky , not clear whereas in binge+ HDR mode it is sharper,more clearer rich and deep color

That being said , binge+ is not a cheap box..ask your friend or family who are using it for few hours and test it yourself or visit nearby tataplay store and check.

Btw what is your hd box model number?
Tata play website showing 1080i resolution in binge+ box.

Will check binge+ in nearby store.

My HD box model no HS3C03 Made in Thailand.

For SD channels go for Dish TV HD box as channels are not compressed like Tatasky or Airtel even DD free Dish provided by Govt of India are as good as they should in Picture depth and clarity in Dish TV,if you are from South go for D2h HD box in these Set top boxes you hardly feel much difference in SD and HD channels as clarity of SD channel is at least 90 percent of HD channel clarity and depth.Airtel HD Box will always show less depth in Picture of SD channels as they have compressed picture so much to use less transponder to save money and give more SD channels.

Last edited:
No doubt DishTV picture quality is great but last time I used I found 2 problems- you see 2 logos in free channels, big ugly ddfd logo, if I am paying full ncf why should I see that logo? It's more like DishTV getting the channel for free but collecting full money from customers

2nd thing is i felt picture quality is slight darker kind of gamma bit less, but keeping this apart the picture is sharper and has more clarity as compared to other dths

Maybe I'm asking too much. Advance thanks and sorry... Is it possible to provide screenshots of the same SD Channel in SDR and HDR mode?
Since I do not have a nearby store or demo place to experience binge+.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock