Breaking Tata Sky will provide new Tariff Plans - Discussions (TRAI Tariff Order w.e.f 1st Feb 2019)

Remember the date. Monday the 28th. On another Monday the 28th (in August 2017), Gurmeet Ram Rahim was jailed (now it is a life term). This Monday the 28th, expect TS ka parda phaash (exposed). Customer goodwill will be lost: the Sony fiasco and now this.

Last edited:
IN FAQ TRAI says only pay chs will switch OFF from 1st Feb and Subscibers will be moved to basic FTA pack which will cost them NCF+GST only.
All DPOs shall telecast FTA channels from 1st Feb. We will support DPOs and teach a lesson to pay channels (less content with more ads) 😁

Last edited:
What is the other likely scenario though? TS migrates the whole customer base overnight? Sounds equally unlikely to me.

What have others done. They have only updated the website and are waiting for the customers to select the channels. It is likely that only 10% base will be selecting the channels ,others will be at the mercy of operators/DPO. As this is a huge transition it will take at least two months to stabilize.

What have others done. They have only updated the website and are waiting for the customers to select the channels. It is likely that only 10% base will be selecting the channels ,others will be at the mercy of operators/DPO. As this is a huge transition it will take at least two months to stabilize.
well said this is just to show to the TRAI that we are following the rules but in reality they don't want to support the new rule in any format. I submitted D2h selection 2 times and same message appeared that thank you it will go live on Feb 1 but they should display that your selection is already submitted

well said this is just to show to the TRAI that we are following the rules but in reality they don't want to support the new rule in any format. I submitted D2h selection 2 times and same message appeared that thank you it will go live on Feb 1 but they should display that your selection is already submitted

Yes it will take time and I guess majority will be watching FTA channels pack at least 10 days of February from Feb-1

They are probably allowing you to modify your selection multiple times before Feb 1st, which is why they don't display such message. Airtel also currently allows this. It's too difficult for them to compare your previous selection and current selection and suggest that you already submitted the same package!

I guess TS will only update their website with new packs on 31st midnight, even if the court case goes against them.

The Delhi Court is at fault here. They had given time only till January 10th for not taking any action. Even at the hearing on 10th Jan, the court had only informed Tata Sky were delaying implementing TRAI order at their own risk.

On the 15th, the court should have directed Tata Sky to implement TRAI order irrespective of the on going proceedings. It was just a cop out on part of the judiciary.

TRAI under their powers should direct Tata Sky to implement the new tariff order immediately and inform the court about the same.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock