Breaking Tata Sky will provide new Tariff Plans - Discussions (TRAI Tariff Order w.e.f 1st Feb 2019)

It is obvious that who used to watch many premium chanels have to shell out much much more now. Who used to watch ony FTA chanels, they can settle in within 130-150 but rest all others have to pay more. When they used to make contract for bouquet, they used to negotiate a price for the whole bunch of chanels at a rate, which is reasonable to both the parties. Now they don't have that privilege any more. So that benefit will not come down to customer. Now even if you only select the HD chanels and required SD channels only, it will cost near about same of the current price or sometimes even more.

Side effect of that benefit is black out of 32 Sony chs recently and Indiacast sword is hanging over neck. And discontinue anytime if new order is not implemented. Few months earlier it was Star India who gave discontinue notice

Last edited:
Side effect of that benefit is black out of 32 Sony chs recently and Indiacast sword is hanging over neck. And discontinue anytime if new order is not implemented. Few months earlier it was Star India who gave discontinue notice
Disagreement can happen. Anywhere. But the way that was dealt is absolutely unprofessional. But that is a different story, to be discussed is separate thread I guess. Every operator faces it. Airtel and Star had it. Now dish tv and star.

For the new rule, there will be a substantial increase in ARPU and govt will earn more from it, in form of taxes. So (total number of chanels÷total monthly payout) will be more and it is permanent now. And most of the 100 channels in 130/150 pack aren't watched much. So not so 'beneficial'.

Last edited:
Disagreement can happen. Anywhere. But the way that was dealt is absolutely unprofessional. But that is a different story, to be discussed is separate thread I guess. Every operator faces it. Airtel and Star had it. Now dish tv and star.

For the new rule, there will be a substantial increase in ARPU and govt will earn more from it, in form of taxes. So (total number of chanels÷total monthly payout) will be more and it is permanent now. And most of the 100 channels in 130/150 pack aren't watched much. So not so 'beneficial'.

The basis of the current tariff order is that disagreement. Operators and Bradcasters are flooding TDSAT and discontinuation notices as there is no transparency of of pricing of ch.

And regarding pricing if subscribers feel they cannot afford then they will not subscibe those chs and if people in lage number stop subscribing then broadcaster will be forced to lower the pricing. But atleast people now know what's the cost of a ch he is watching

AS per CC, subscribers on LDP will continue to be on same pack till it expires, if they want they can change to new pack.
Have they declared the rates for the new pack yet? I could see that the base pack section is yet to get updated.

Last edited:
The basis of the current tariff order is that disagreement. Operators and Bradcasters are flooding TDSAT and discontinuation notices as there is no transparency of of pricing of ch.

And regarding pricing if subscribers feel they cannot afford then they will not subscibe those chs and if people in lage number stop subscribing then broadcaster will be forced to lower the pricing. But atleast people now know what's the cost of a ch he is watching
I don't think , most of the people in pur country are much interested in knowing what are the prices of each individual channels they are watching. The numbers are only good for MSOs and DTH giants. What the people want is actually a good price to performance ratio.

Anyway, there is no point of doing an argument here at this point of time when no one(including me) knows anything clearly. Let's see what will be the scenario after 10 days. Then we will be able to decide that, is it actually that much beneficial.

I read a few articles online, claiming that multi connection concept is also being removed. The people who are having multiple connections for more than one tv, are likely to suffer as they might need to pay full package price for each STB they are holding. If these reports are true, then it is definitely a matter of concern.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock