TataSky's Satelllite Migration News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter SanRam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,243
  • Views Views: Views 158,379
sudheep said:
4satellites are proposed to launch by isro during the period 2015-16 in diffrent slots(not in 83degE).but its flexible for isro to put one of these satellites in 83deg slot with spcl permission from dept of space if its demanding.
Imgur

If TS is planning to use Gsat10, what was the point of waiting all this while? Also, with the CAG report and all the news about TS moving to AS8, surely there has to be some contract already in place between TS and AS at the minimum. TS can't suddenly decide not to use AS8 without violating such a contract.

now all tata sky officials are silent about migration . they told that testing ihas been completed . but they never telling that which satelite . again they told Gsat 10. some saying that migration will start 15th march .. waiting for truth . now talking with gsat 16 55* ...

:angry:angry:wall:wall

I wanted to check on something. Couple of weeks back I upgraded my TS+ connection to TS HD+. Yesterday while I was in office TS team came to check quality. They checked dish and mentioned that dish alignment needs to be adjusted as it isn't perfectly aligned. I remember that couple of weeks back when I upgraded I asked TS person to check position and got it checked and slightly fixed then, so my query here is that while my connection was working fine and there was no issue (neither I complained) why did TS team came and did some adjustments. Is it possible that migration has started this silently and they positioned my dish slightly to new satellite without actually disclosing it so the news do not go out publicly. Reason I am suspicious is that not only they realigned they did some setting changes on stb which my family was not aware about. Another reason is that earlier when I used to go to add channel option I used to get satellite option which had Insat4A which I am unable to see now (unless I am missing something). Now I get an option where it just ask me to search on frequency and some more option. I never saw this screen (option) earlier. I tried under various settings but don't find anyplace where I can see if it is from Insat4A or some other satellite. Something has changed for sure. I can't figure out if dish angle has changed. It looks same like neighbouring TS dishes (may be slightly changed but can't say for sure. Some easy way to figure out if angle has changed and if it is from same or different satellite? I am from Chandigarh. Thoughts guys?

You can check while doing master reset and when it will tell you to select all options that time you can check whether it is from insat 4a or not

Back
Top Bottom