TEN Golf aspect ratio...

M.J.Sadiq

M Jahabar Sadiq
Contributor
Reaction score
It seems that TEN Golf is not correct in Airtel. I think TEn Golf is received by ADTV in 16:9 ratio and transmitting by shrinking the picture at left and right side instead of shrinking top and bottom. Due to this the pictures are looking very tall and slim.

Here are the pictures of the same program at same time from TEN Golf and TEN Sports. I took this from my ADTV SD connected to my LG CRT TV (4:3).

ru2uvuve.jpg

ebu3arag.jpg

Yeah... they are doing the same for some other sporting events too on TEN Sports as well, which I feel is a bad move.

Are you saying that this is an issue with channel? Not ADTV?

But the TEN Golf logo itself seems shrinking comparing the size of other TEN network channels logo.

Its from channel side. I too saw this on Siti Cable.. :)
Pls don't ask for screenshot as I have given away my Siti Cable after continuing with ADTV.
Sorry for that bro's.. :)

Ok. So if this channel is being watched in an LCD TV (16:9) that will be the perfect aspect ratio.

These days, I m seeing a lot of events like WWE and other football matches on TEN as well as on ESS, are in shortened picture, where, black stripes show on top n bottom of d screen.
But, it happens on some occasions, for CRICKET, picture is normal.
Personally, I dont like this this, shortens the picture drastically. :dodgy

So, I dont believe ADTV wud keep on changing the picture dimensions now n then, its by the channel only.

Yeah shawl_who. ADTV cannot change it. I can understand that the problem is with channel. The reason is, if the content available to the broadcaster is in 16:9 ratio then they are converting it into 4:3 ratio and that is why we are seeing the black bars on top and bottom. They are doing this mainly for CRT TV users.

@ destinyawaits: though the settings are set to 16:9, watching a regular SD channel broadcasting in 4:3 ratio eoll be stretched to the entire screen of the LCD TV which will look like the picture is very broad.

Another setting will give the original size but with black bars at left and right side which will not look good.

Here wha I am saying finally is, for the case TEN Golf, since the picture is shrinking and no black bars at top and bottom, we can get to see it with correct size in LCD TV even though it is stretched to full screen unlike other SD channels. But in CRT it will not be in correct size.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock