TEN Golf aspect ratio...

DestinyAwaits said:
Bro, I did settings where its default wide zoom ratio is full.
4:3 as Default as off.
Auto wide on....
I'm not getting stretched pics... Dunno.. :)

DestinyAwaits said:
Here Bro...

tUjYY8h.jpg

Bro.. From the pic, I can see that the picture is stretched horizontally to the TV screen.

Right now I am not in Chennai. Once I am back, I can post you the stretched and non-stretched picture of an SD channel from my LED TV.

Just a note for you to try changing the settings.

If TV type is set as 16:9 in STB, it will automatically change the SD channel to 16:9 aspect ratio by stretching. So, no matter what the setting is there in TV. You will get stretched picture as you posted above.

You have to set the TV type as 4:3 in STB. In TV, you have to turn off 4:3 aspect change.

Anyway I can post the details once I reached Chennai tomorrow.

NinadG said:
Channels broadcasted in 16:9 ratio (like RT channel) looks better on LCD & will look squeezed horizontally on CRT.
There is demand from some viewers for broadcasting channels in 16:9 format as these viewers are using LCD TV. Channels broadcaasted in 4:3 format looks horizontally stretched on LCD.
STB having PB/LB/Auto options can automatically set the aspect ratio for TV.

Some of the channels are already in 16:9, these channels we(HD TV viewers) want to see in full screen(without shrinking).
Not asking all 4:3 channels should change their aspect ratio.
STB having the setting , but not working at least in airtel.

I am having FTA reciever & if I select tv type 16:9 in the stb, then automatically HD channels & 16 : 9 SD channels shows in full screen and 4:3 channels will show in center of the HD tv leaving black space on both side.
In this setup no stretching or shrinking is happening.

Now @ Airtel
If we select tv type as HD , 16:9 channels should view full screen as default,which is not happening. So either from channel end or up linking team shrinking 16:9(or 14:9) channel to 4:3 ratio.

My STB has setting for 16:9 PB/Auto aspect ratio setting which works perfectly.
It shows HD channels in 16:9 format & SD channels in 4:3 with PB leaving two black vertical strips on both sides. Also it shows many SD channels with 16:9 aspect ratio perfectly, I think STB comes to know about aspect ratio of channel automatically.
I keep this setting as it shows SD as well as HD channels perfectly without distortion. Also I have to keep 'Picture Size' as 16:9 in my Samsung LED TV for this.
But sometimes I feel that this may cause burn-in while watching SD channels.

Sorry Bro, I was talking about my cable stb...As per your post its not working properly in Airtel stb...

For me also in cable & FTA reciever getting correct aspect ratio for both 16:9 & 4:3.
Airtel have to resolve this issue.
For last 6 months I am writing to airtel & they replied "we are forwarded your complaint/suggestion to our technical team"

Over all it is said that Airtel has good STB & also TS/Airtel are using same s/w. Then it should not happen.
Does that mean TS STB is also having same issue? :huh

Sadiq said:
Bro.. From the pic, I can see that the picture is stretched horizontally to the TV screen.

Right now I am not in Chennai. Once I am back, I can post you the stretched and non-stretched picture of an SD channel from my LED TV.

Just a note for you to try changing the settings.

If TV type is set as 16:9 in STB, it will automatically change the SD channel to 16:9 aspect ratio by stretching. So, no matter what the setting is there in TV. You will get stretched picture as you posted above.

You have to set the TV type as 4:3 in STB. In TV, you have to turn off 4:3 aspect change.

Anyway I can post the details once I reached Chennai tomorrow.

Here you go with an video of changes in settings.

I am changing the STB settings first with 4:3 default off. Based on the STB settings, I am getting the actual size (pillar box), stretched (no black bar).

But when I am changing the TV settings 4:3 default to on/off, nothing happened. But when I changed the Wide Mode to Wide zoom, the image is stretched across screen.

Your image is also stretched across the screen. Try changing the STB settings. You will get black pillar boxes which is the perfect aspect ratio.

Now on topic:
What I feel about TEN Golf ratio is they (TEN Golf) squeezed the image at left and right side to fit into 4:3 screen. That is why the images (persons) are looking taller or slimmer. If we are viewing this channel in LCD/LED (16:9 screen), we will get the actual size with STB setting as stretched. But keeping pillar box setting in STB will lead to shrink picture even in LED/LCD.

The channel should change their broadcast format to 16:9 or change the picture size to 4:3 as they are doing in TEN Sports.

Or if this is an issue with ADTV, they need to apply letter box setting to give the correct ratio even in 4:3 screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bro.. Similar Settings I have done.. Dunno whats the problem then... :)

Ah sorry bro watched it again and found the problem and fixed it... :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock