Sad News Three HD Sony channels has been shut down due to low viewership (Sony Rox HD, Le Plex HD & Ten Golf HD)

First and foremost Sony should launch a channel like Star Gold Select HD in order to use its big Hindi library.

Explain your point. Elaborate how Star and Zee are better.

I have requested multiple times to their channel head for launching an urban centric bollywood channel. They have movies which have audience in towns or big cities. Hope they give it a thought soon

Star Gold Select was started to give a platform to alternate cinema and failed miserably. It's running ad free bcoz of hardly any TRP. Now they r surviving on some old bollywood library, some indie stuff and at some occassions they r showing regular masala movies too to garner some numbers

I have requested multiple times to their channel head for launching an urban centric bollywood channel. They have movies which have audience in towns or big cities. Hope they give it a thought soon

Star Gold Select was started to give a platform to alternate cinema and failed miserably. It's running ad free bcoz of hardly any TRP. Now they r surviving on some old bollywood library, some indie stuff and at some occassions they r showing regular masala movies too to garner some numbers
All the network need to consider having only 2 HD and 2 SD movies channels. Then they can shuffle the existing library without repetition of titles every week.

How come Star gets the content of Hooq of which parent company is Sony Pictures but Sony Liv doesn't? It seems like Sony International has given up on Sony India.

So tell me how Zee has entered into first output exclusive deal with Sony Pictures. Brother just bcoz parent company of channel is having shares or owners of some other business that does not give that channel automatic rights for all their properties. One must bid or enter a deal to access it. Even on GEC channels, u will see Fox shows on AXN or shows produced by Sony on Star World.

So tell me how Zee has entered into first output exclusive deal with Sony Pictures. Brother just bcoz parent company of channel is having shares or owners of some other business that does not give that channel automatic rights for all their properties. One must bid or enter a deal to access it. Even on GEC channels, u will see Fox shows on AXN or shows produced by Sony on Star World.
They still could have help their OTT by not outsourcing their content to their rivals.

Off topic : Aren't channels suppose to black out digital streaming when they don't own the streaming rights of the content?

Depends on contract terms and conditions, if for certain events digital rights have been sold separately then telecast of that channel needs to blocked on OTT during that event. Movies or shows r not covered under it, live transmission can happen but same content cannot be individually available on any app unless rights have been acquired

Depends on contract terms and conditions, if for certain events digital rights have been sold separately then telecast of that channel needs to blocked on OTT during that event. Movies or shows r not covered under it, live transmission can happen but same content cannot be individually available on any app unless rights have been acquired
Huh? In Airtel TV app they put movirs individually to catch up.

Huh? In Airtel TV app they put movirs individually to catch up.

For Catch Up TV too separate agreement is required and such content gets omitted after few days of original airing. Airtel can only list select content under catch up tv, u can check and confirm urself

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock