Sad News Three HD Sony channels has been shut down due to low viewership (Sony Rox HD, Le Plex HD & Ten Golf HD)

So you can from hotstar too. I've done that, I know how to do
You can no longer do so. And hotstar paid content which is English series are impossible to download. Meanwhile YRF movies which are available to rent on Sony Liv can easily be downloaded.

So tell me how Zee has entered into first output exclusive deal with Sony Pictures. Brother just bcoz parent company of channel is having shares or owners of some other business that does not give that channel automatic rights for all their properties. One must bid or enter a deal to access it. Even on GEC channels, u will see Fox shows on AXN or shows produced by Sony on Star World.
The point is sony isn't integrating things from itself as well as the parent. Consider star. They have fox studios which collaborates with good directors for films. In turn they get good results and also satellite and digital rights. Similar with zee and Colors too.

But then look at Sony. There's spn productions. There's Sony pictures India. They can't integrate both, hence Sony loses out on satellite rights to other networks like zee and star. This is where Sony goes wrong

Better they replace it with Sports Channels .
For what..? The present channels are enough..
Elaborate how Star and Zee are better.
Just look at 3 of them started journey almost same time in India and Zee is financially backward of them. And now both Star and Zee explored about 6 non hindi languages.Even Viacom is running faster. Sony still started.. Launching 12 competitive channels in sports is the only pro.
On sports front, i completely disagree with ur viewpoint. I must say that in a short span of time they have improved drastically on all fronts. Telecasting content in wide screen aspect ratio, giving adequate importance to non cricket sports on their channels, having good panel of experts for pre/post match shows or commentary, acquiring rights of varied events or competitions etc. are just few +ve achievements. They are much better than Star India here..
Technically Star Sports is perfect. And I don't know how Sony 'much' better than Star sports 😇
So tell me how Zee has entered into first output exclusive deal with Sony Pictures. Brother just bcoz parent company of channel is having shares or owners of some other business that does not give that channel automatic rights for all their properties. One must bid or enter a deal to access it. Even on GEC channels, u will see Fox shows on AXN or shows produced by Sony on Star World.
Also endemol shine is majority owned by Fox, but they are giving for networks which pays more money without regarding their on Star.

Last edited:
Sure? I downloaded tanhaiyaan again 3 days back..
You can no longer do so. And hotstar paid content which is English series are impossible to download. Meanwhile YRF movies which are available to rent on Sony Liv can easily be downloaded.

Are u sure that it's related to security, all OTT apps allow certain content to be downloadesd while rest can only be streamed. Also on most occasions one won't be able to watch downloaded content on TV screen just like casting isn't permitted while streaming.

Are u sure that it's related to security, all OTT apps allow certain content to be downloadesd while rest can only be streamed. Also on most occasions one won't be able to watch downloaded content on TV screen just like casting isn't permitted while streaming.
Yes, but I am talking about downloading via third party extension.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock