Sad News Three HD Sony channels has been shut down due to low viewership (Sony Rox HD, Le Plex HD & Ten Golf HD)

all OTT apps allow certain content to be downloadesd
In that case, the video is stored to the app's internal storage, ie. Visible only to the app and not to anyone else, including the user (unless the phone is rooted)

Good decision to stop Ten Golf HD, Le Plex HD and Rox HD. Expecting Yay! also to join shutdown list. Hoping for Animax Asia HD to replace Le Plex HD.

Yes, but I am talking about downloading via third party extension.
Dude try and understand what I'm saying. I'm not using any browser extensions to download the videos. There's a command line interface (project) which helps you download the videos. I did it, I know that, plus I have its source code too

Dude try and (project) which helps you download the videos. I did it, I know that, plus I have its source code too
I have no clue what you are talking about.
PS Are you able to download premium content like episodes of Game of Thrones using the same process?

PS Are you able to download premium content like episodes of Game of Thrones using the same process?
Nope. Except premium English content, can download anything else. Including hindi premium content too

Cuz, the Hindi content is not encrypted. They don't encrypted it properly like Sony to give access to Jio and Airtel users.
But I can still download the hindi content. Let's not discuss this here anymore

Sony launched Sony Marathi as a complete entertainment channel, but the channel is suffering to climb top 5.But at the same time Sony aath which just airs dubbed shows entered top 5 without any special treatment.So it indicates that Sony had a good scope in Bangla than Marathi. If they could enter top 5 without original content then what if they include original content, serials and shows. And for a bigger network like sony,Aakash ath is not a problem. They can easily defeat them and fix their position in top 5 and if they try more it is not difficult to defeat Colors Bangla which still not have a high rating. If Sony is clever they will realize it and rebrand Sony aath and invest more.But they won't do it:tongue:

Last edited:
As
The point is sony isn't integrating things from itself as well as the parent. Consider star. They have fox studios which collaborates with good directors for films. In turn they get good results and also satellite and digital rights. Similar with zee and Colors too.

But then look at Sony. There's spn productions. There's Sony pictures India. They can't integrate both, hence Sony loses out on satellite rights to other networks like zee and star. This is where Sony goes wrong

It is not that simple brother. As i have stated even Star India is not getting access to all shows produced by Fox and even incase of english movies they r just having deals with 21st century fox and marvel. Sony is free to decide what content it wants to buy for its channels, Zee has only recently entered first output deal with Sony Pictures International and previous to this SPNI had contract for movies produced by them for a long period. On AXN too they r acquiring content from CBS, BBC, etc. since quite sometime.

These decisions r taken on basis of content which works for that network. Regarding Hindi Movie Genre, well there too many factors come into play for making decision. It can be a very detailed discussion. All i can say is having parent production house delivering hits does not guarantee success of channel, look at Viacom18 which made popular movies like Airlift, Bajirao Mastaani, Padmaavat, Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, etc. but are they having a well performing Bollywood Movie Channel? Zee has re-entered movie production just now, previously they too were acquiring 3rd party content and doing well on TRP charts. Also Star India largely survived on high cost exclusive movie acquisition deals they signed with big stars like Salman, Ajay Devgn and kept repeating their movies to recover cost + book profit

Sony launched Sony Marathi as a complete entertainment channel, but the channel is suffering to climb top 5.But at the same time Sony aath which just airs dubbed shows entered top 5 without any special treatment.So it indicates that Sony had a good scope in Bangla than Marathi. If they could enter top 5 without original content then what if they include original content, serials and shows. And for a bigger network like sony,Aakash ath is not a problem. They can easily defeat them and fix their position in top 5 and if they try more it is not difficult to defeat Colors Bangla which still not have a high rating. If Sony is clever they will realize it and rebrand Sony aath and invest more.But they won't do it:tongue:
Aakash Aath and Sony Aath are different channels. They are only 6 Bengali GECs Star Jalsha, ZEE Bangla, Colors Bangla, Rupashi Bangla, Aakash Aath and Sony Aath. On technicality Sony Aath is the only Bengali GEC channel not in the BARC's top 5 list.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock