Sad News Three HD Sony channels has been shut down due to low viewership (Sony Rox HD, Le Plex HD & Ten Golf HD)

All 'HD-Exclusive' channels will go through this fate unless the broadcaster wishes to offer SD feed of the channels. This will happen to other networks too in my opinion. Star was smart enough to foresee this and started SD feeds for most of its 'Exclusive' HD channels.
Star movies select and star world premiere are still hd only. But still they're here with no signs of going away

Sony is miles ahead of Star in terms of variety of Sports coverage. They have plenty of cricketing & non cricketing properties and very well distributed on their sports networks. Star, on the other hand, have kept a lot of quality content limited to 2 channels. They're ridiculously launching so many sports channel just to broadcast the reruns & highlights of 3-4 events.
One thing Sony has to seriously work upon is to improve the Sony Liv app. The stream quality is always poor no matter how good the internet speed is. Star, on the other hand has done a superb job with Hotstar. The stream quality is excellent and the variety is awesome as well.

But Sony ROX HD fb & twitter account are still running. They are posting current updates regularly.
But Sony Le PLEX HD is stopped totally on posting new posts on their fb & twitter.
All 'HD-Exclusive' channels will go through this fate unless the broadcaster wishes to offer SD feed of the channels.
They may replace le Plex HD with Sony Rox SD

They're serving a too niche audience though. Apart from the days of Indian cricket, nothing else is watched, except maybe ashes
I don't agree. There are a lot of takers for content like La Liga, UEFA Champions league, Moto GP and ATP Events, WWE besides some quality cricket from South Africa, England & Australia.

I guess, Sony Rox HD will be continued as of now, but Sony Le Plex HD & Sony Ten Golf HD may shut down from January.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock