TN Digitization - General Discussions [SCV Says Allocated Thousand Crore for STB, Challenges other MSO. - Will SCV take back Chennai?]

HOUSE-MD said:
Arasu who got DAS license just recently  might seek more time and might move to DAS slowly but the other MSO's who already have DAS license since long may not have any valid reasons to stay analogue any longer. Within 3 or 6 months they have to go DAS else MIB might take action.

I think DAS will be same for the consumers, all those who are currently paying 120Rs per month will end up paying 170 RS minimum with few extra channels similar to scv

Satvijay said:
I think DAS will be same for the consumers, all those who are currently paying 120Rs per month will end up paying 170 RS minimum with few extra channels similar to scv

I'm currently paying Rs 130 per month for the VK Analogue.

For Arasu i would be happy to pay Rs 150-175 for all SD channels and Rs 175-200 for all SD&HD channels.

If Arasu can provide all the following channels (90-99% of all tamil, english and sports channels) as it is already providing to its DAS subscribers then i think almost 90% of the subscribers would be more than happy and even many DTH subscribers might also return back (rainy season would bring more subscribers to a quality local cable).

Only 10-15% of those subscribers who are addicted to hassle free DTH service (if i was with DTH i might not return back - i'm not with DTH as i cant safely maintain a Dish on my current residents roof top), online payments etc and those who want channels apart from this list would stick to DTH or would try to move from local cable to a suitable DTH service.

HOUSE-MD said:
I'm currently paying Rs 130 per month for the VK Analogue.

For Arasu i would be happy to pay Rs 150-175 for all SD channels and Rs 175-200 for all SD&HD channels.
who gave you all this info on the pricing???? 130 Rs for analog and 150 for all SD channels on digital feed!!!! and the best is 175 for all HD channels !!! if this happens india would be cheapest country to get HD feed!!

Satvijay said:
who gave you all this info on the pricing???? 130 Rs for analog and 150 for all SD channels on digital feed!!!! and the best is 175 for all HD channels !!! if this happens india would be cheapest country to get HD feed!!

I said Rs 150-170. When TCCL can offer why cant Arasu?

Also i heard Arasu offering SD at Rs 150 on DAS and Arasu is fully capable of doing this while earning huge profits and sharing the same with the LCO's .

HOUSE-MD said:
I said Rs 150-170. When TCCL can offer why cant Arasu?

Also i heard Arasu offering SD at Rs 150 on DAS and Arasu is fully capable of doing this while earning huge profits and sharing the same with the LCO's .

I am not sure if this package exists now,  TCCL users please confirm,many channels are highlighted with astrick. even if its there, this is exclusive of taxes, with tax it comes to 212Rs BTW where is the HD connection for all channels with Rs200?? i will happily shift to HD as I am paying 270 Rs just for the SD channels. I will get 65 Plus HD channels for 200Rs.

Satvijay said:
I am not sure if this package exists now,  TCCL users please confirm,many channels are highlighted with astrick. even if its there, this is exclusive of taxes, with tax it comes to 212Rs BTW where is the HD connection for all channels with Rs200?? i will happily shift to HD as I am paying 270 Rs just for the SD channels. I will get 65 Plus HD channels for 200Rs.

TCCL always had these packages, the highlighted channels are Pay Channels. Plz check the comment by a TCCL user dated one month back below (he seems has quoted price inclusive of tax),

pradeepking66 said:
My Pack cost rs230 with 70HD channels free

Ref: Updates-Some-HD-Channels-ScreenShot-Photos-in-My-Tccl-Cable-Setobox

Hope "pradeepking66" can comment on this.

One more comment from the same user (recent pricing),

pradeepking66 said:
1. Rs170 pack and get 20Hd channel free +All tamil channels+ 300Sd Channels free.
2.230 pack and get 70Hd channels+ 65Tamil channels. 300 More SD  channels free in this pack.

Ref: TCCL-PACKAGE-DETAILS

In my area(madipakkam)tccl offers SD setup box for 700rs and HD for 1500rs...don't knw abt scv...after arasu got das licence they have reduced price.hopes many mso will offer same as TCCL...

dinee said:
In my area(madipakkam)tccl offers SD setup box for 700rs and HD for 1500rs...don't knw abt scv...after arasu got das licence they have reduced price.hopes many mso will offer same as TCCL...

Excellent. Finally TCCL is offering STB at affordable cost. Hope other MSO's follow suit. But with recent DAS license to Arasu people might hesitate to purchase STB until there is a clear picture.

Hope Chennai goes DAS soon with the best MSO.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock