• Views: Views 205,396

Are you happy with TRAI's amendments to the Tariff Order

• Yes

• No

• I don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh! wait. Small broadcasters like Discovery won't be able to offer bundled channel now as the channels are priced under ₹12?

Edit : Okay, got it now.

Last edited:
Will these new rules force broadcasters to reduce their bouquet prices or add more channels in the existing bouquets?

There are some very important changed that we need to understand with respect to bouquets.

i) the sum of the a-la-carte rates of the pay channels (MRP)forming part of a bouquet shall in no case exceed one and half times the rate of the bouquet of which such pay channels are a part; and

ii) the a-la-carte rates of each pay channel (MRP),forming part of a bouquet, shall in no case exceed three times the average rate of a pay channel of the bouquet of which such pay channel is a part.

@Abhinav842 bro, please correct your post as per the below.

Additionally, Authority decided that only those channels which are of Rs.12 or less will be permitted to be part of the bouquet broadcasters.
Can you explain these two points with example it would be very helpful.

Authority decided that only those channels which are having MRP of Rs.12 or less will be permitted to be part of the bouquet offered by broadcasters.
Does this mean channels like Star Sports, SET HD, Colors HD, etc (which are ₹19) won't be allowed in any broadcaster bouquets?
Is ₹12 including taxes or excluding taxes?
This should bring down the bouquet rates.. right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock