• No

• I don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys!

One Great News!

My Source From Leading Broadcaster Side Says

Wait For The Shock Prices From Us! With NTO Prices! Don't Expect The Prices To Come Down.
The moment I saw TRAI poking nose again, I am damn sure It is going to be blow on end users. TRAI trying to show it is pro to subscribers, but in back ground it clearly and purposely paves path to corporate to loot more and more

Forget all stuffs on capping.
Just imagine that TRAI has scrapped bouquet scheme and everyone shall pay per channel ie, a la carte. Broadcasters may put any price as they wish to charge according to expense, quality, brand value etc. Also they are free to revise price accordingly.
Is there anything unreasonable or ludicrous as Star India head said.
Now come to bouquet offering.
If you (broadcaster) have much number of channels, you may give discount directly to customers opting for yor cluster. This is capped at a discount of 33.33%.
If you wish to give more than that, say 50% why can't you provide it for the same channel subscribed as a la carte.
Why TRAI put a cap of ₹12 for inclusion in bouquet is that a group of discounted premium (expensive) channels will look like another premium one and customer may opt it wastefully. Take this, two channels are priced at ₹20 each and on bouquet offering it's available for ₹25 for both. Customers planning to select one of those will pick ₹25 bouquet thereby catching viewership for the other. This may happen for cheaper (in price) channels but doesn't have that impact. Also group formed of cheap channels make package formation easy and viable.

Last edited:
TRAI's great success : NCF gone up from Rs 153 to Rs 189 (160+18%GST) !!! One thing is clear, they really bother about GST and nothing else

The main culprit is NCF. Now I am paying app Rs 325 to watch all Tamil channels (including HD where ever available). Earlier for the same amount , I was able to watch English News, Sports, GEC and Movies. This is the reform they claim as QUITE SUCCESSFUL. Now TRAI begging the broadcaster for reducing the price to save their face.
read the no.5
N7q0ysZ.jpg

why it says may publish by, not must/should?!
7Xu0ckN.jpg

He Says! Put Cap For All Prices Even For IPL Bidding

Why Cap Only For Us????
Analogy will be this- Broadcaster don't bid for cricket and hockey in same bid. Is it so that if one channel gets hockey and cricket rights then they get any discount in bidding? So why huge bouquets discount. They bid separately for every tournament. Let them sell channels separately. No need of any bouquets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock