Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Channel price capped to 12 rs
please READ the amendment first

nTmTuV4.jpg

please READ the amendment first

nTmTuV4.jpg
If a hd channel is priced above rs 12, then it must be alacart only? If ncf is made zero we can watch 15 hd channel and fra regional channels, which will be a good deal for less than rs 300 pm

then what will DTH & Cable operators earn?
They will get their share from Channel price
any channels priced more than 12rs will be a-la-carte only!

Last edited by a moderator:
Query- New RIO announced by broadcaster effective from 1st feb is compulsory? I mean will DPOs increase price on 1st? I am asking this because news18 rio of apr-may was implemented by dishtv in nov. So i hope dishtv delay this too, as everything it does late😄

Just noted that Vote in favour of yes increased from 46 to 48% after today's TRAI press release

Last edited:
Query- New RIO announced by broadcaster effective from 1st feb is compulsory? I mean will DPOs increase price on 1st? I am asking this because news18 rio of apr-may was implemented by dishtv in nov. So i hope dishtv delay this too, as everything it does late😄

Just noted that Vote in favour of yes increased from 46 to 48% after today's TRAI press release

In 2019 RIOs were signed for 1st Feb - 31th Jan 2020 period. Whatever amendments were pushed thereafter were not necessary for the DPOs to sign unless and until their existing RIO had expired. However, the mismatch between broadcasters and DPOs website on pricing led to customers firing at the DPOs, which led to Dish TV asking TRAI to cap the number of RIO changes and ensure that RIO amendments can be directly introduced similar to promotional offer instead of needing to sign the revised RIO.

With existing RIOs set to expire on 31st Jan 2020, I believe that the new pricing structure (as per revised RIOs of SPN/V18/Star and Zee) will come into effect from 1st Feb directly as DPOs are forced to sign the new RIO.

Last edited:
If a hd channel is priced above rs 12, then it must be alacart only? If ncf is made zero we can watch 15 hd channel and fra regional channels, which will be a good deal for less than rs 300 pm
In dreamdth only it will happen.

The new NTO 2.0 says consumer can choose 200 FTA channels as per wise, but the fact is not, TRAI need to notice it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock