• Views Views: Views 209,601

Are you happy with TRAI's amendments to the Tariff Order

• Yes

• No

• I don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bombay High Court has adjourned the TRAI NTO 2.0 case to February 26.

On January 30, the case was adjourned for February 12.

The Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF) on January 13 had filed a writ petition against the regulatory body seeking a stay on the implementation of the New Tariff Order.

On January 1, TRAI issued an amendment asking broadcasters to come up with a new price list of channels by January 15.

TRAI has ordered broadcasters to display all of their bouquets which do not comply with NTO 2.0 on their websites
when TRAI said this? TODAY?!

less than 2 weeks left for 26th February, and 2 weeks 2 days for 1st march.

Bro,
First of all I use Tatasky and I saw many channel's subscription in range from 50 to 100 or more for single channel (like HBO, Star Movies etc.). Hence my opinion is limited to Tatasky rates.

Second thing I don't know about tamizh channels, but I guess that they are south Indian channels. So, I can't say anything about that.
In my opnion, one should go for ala-carte chanels selection instead of bucket selection. As out of all these channels, we are not going to see all the channels all the time. Channels can be free, but our time is not. So select particular channels which is mostly viewed by family (without bucket). and select them wisely. Thus you can exercise your right smartly.

In my case, I was paying nearly 250/- for choice of few channels say 15 to 20 channels, now in the same fees I can see 50 to 60 channels including English Movies and without DD considering DD free channels. If I go for bucket, my budget goes above 450/-. So, I just use my right and get benefit.

I myself paid Rs 100 to subscrine CNBC International HD channel in Tatasky. Now its available for Rs1
I completely with you in case of tata sky

Last edited by a moderator:
Do any of the DPO or Broadcaster published new rates as said by TRAI..??

TRAI has ordered broadcasters to display all of their bouquets which do not comply with NTO 2.0 on their websites so that customers could know that they won't be able to subscribe with these packs after 1st March.

Yyki639.png

TRAI instructs broadcasters to inform consumers about packs not complying NTO 2.0 | DreamDTH
TRAI should have done this in January itself, but it waited..... Looks like they are now successful in breaking Broadcasting federation and hence this move ... Soon most of the Broadcasters will publish compliant bouquet and ala-carte channels rates barring few Broadcasters like STAR as too much will be on stake for them. :ok2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom