Breaking TRAI Asks Broadcasters To Publish New ALC & Bouquet By 10/08/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes bro. It's true. I don't understand still why they implemented NTO . What is their goal?By this order 100 cr people suffered.
Ultimately what they get in favour of subscriber?
They are increased subscription prices , broadcasters benefited.
Increased tax 4% to 18%.govt benefited.
What we got?
Bakara hogaya😫
Ultimately subscribers losed.
Yes bro only subscribers are suffering. For eg. If i pay for colors bouquet with rishtey cineplex in it but my cable operator is not having rishtey cineplex or i have zee pack but zee punjabi is missing. I am paying for it but i can't see it😞. I don't think operators provide refund in these cases.

Bro. FTA channels are not part of pay bouquets. Greedy broadcasters are not fighting for FTA channels. But they want to pack 19rs channels with 1₹,0.10₹ channels in a bouquet instead of making them FTA.

Yeah I Know That But I'm Talking About Their Availability On DTHs With NCF Cap!

I like the idea of NTO. However in whatever we have seen of it, most broadcasters have conned cable operators and customers. Now with the new notification, its their turn to face the music. 80:20 rule will apply in some form, but in overall sense customer will win with better content and substantially lower bill than the current NTO. I am looking forward :cool:

Yes bro only subscribers are suffering. For eg. If i pay for colors bouquet with rishtey cineplex in it but my cable operator is not having rishtey cineplex or i have zee pack but zee punjabi is missing. I am paying for it but i can't see it😞. I don't think operators provide refund in these cases.
I got refund from airtel for not having MTV &BeatsHD,Vh1HD,FyitvHD in Colors Wala Pack. But then i unsubscribed that pack.

I like the idea of NTO. However in whatever we have seen of it, most broadcasters have conned cable operators and customers. Now with the new notification, its their turn to face the music. 80:20 rule will apply in some form, but in overall sense customer will win with better content and substantially lower bill than the current NTO. I am looking forward :cool:
NTO is useful for an aware Subscriber, I personally benefitted by it .... Just think a Subscriber whether an urban or rural customer can get UpTo 200 FTA channels at only Rs 153 incl tax. Within FTA, there are loads of news, music, movies, regional channels, etc..... With Rs 12 channel pricing capping, coat to customer will go down further.... (y)(y)

Before trai orders cable monthly subscription was only ₹150-200 for sd channels. Consumers were happy and there was competition between cable operators. Cable operators were giving all channels in least price.
But after trai order people will only subscribe channel what they want, so advertisers will only go with channel what people watching most. So other crap channels doesn't get revenue from advertising, and advertiser will save money by not giving ad. on non famous channels,
Because earlier advertisers pay money for ad. to many channels (crap),and people not watching most of those channel but still channel live with help of that ad. revenue (like Discovery Turbo & ID)
And broadcaster makes money without content(/new)
But TRAI's attempt was to stop this.

But After TRAI's order broadcaster played game and priced leading channel at top cost, so with that extra money they run crap channels and attract advertiser, also added crap channels with Value/Wala/Happy/Family pack, and deals with DTH to add Crap channels in FTA Pack or make those to available for any pack subscriber. To show that their channels are subscribed, so advertisers attract to ad. & they can make more n more money.

There is 100 of channels which only runs without new/0 content, people not watching them but still DTH or bouquet forced to subscribe those and make money from advertisers.
(FTA Channels also in this.)

upcoming New rule will also regulate this.

Last edited:
What is your view on pricing of Star Plus, Zee TV, Colors, SET, SAB etc. in the new NTO regime? Will they price it at 12 or take these out of the bouquets?

Definitely It Will Be Rs.12 Only

Being In Aa-La-Karte Have So Much Of Disadvantages To Broadcasters

I Heard That Zeel Decided To Price Rs.12 For Zee TV In February Itself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock