TRAI may regulate HD channels' subscription charges

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 43
  • Views: Views 4,113
RE: TRAI may regulate HD channels'subscription charges

prateek1987 said:
if u know abt the taxes than don't u know that there are two taxes vat n service tax. either things wud come in vat or in service tax or in both but a particular amount cannot be charged twice thats y it is subjudice.

i m paying entertainment tax as well as service tax as both the taxes are collected by different govts.

just like a movie cine plex where u r paying both the taxes.

in case of a party, u have to pay both the taxes but the amount cannot be clubbed or the same.

when u purchase petrol u r paying vat as well as service tax.

34 rs petrol is at 68-70 rs depends on the states.

in up ent. tax is compulsory but the honorable sc says that it shud not come into ent. tax category as it is just a service provider not an entertainment provider ( dth still paying ent. tax as well as the mso- local den bcoz it is still subjudice)

ent. tax must be calculated on the broadcaster side as they r ones who provide entertainment tax and dth r just the mediator n service provider so anyhow we r the customers paying ent. tax.

n just use ur logic why there will be any benefit to mso.
i meant state govt. wud like to increase their tax revenue and also it is easy to get ent. tax from the mso as compare to dth.

Good, now since you hve explained it yourselves you will be glad to know that same argument is put forward by DTH players that why they hve to pay entertainment tax when they dont provide entertainment

prateek1987 said:
i get it u now what exactly u wanted to say so far. dude take an example

in isro there are only 20 satellites (tps) available. each tp = 48-50 channels depends on the resolution of each n every channel.

there r 5 players available so one can get a maximum of 4 tps so one can provide 200 channels approx. (sd)

had the players would be less, we wuld have got more tps means more channels. so in isro space is limited thats y since last 6 years no new dth came in.

n to maintain a tp a dth required to pay around 600 lakhs so each channel cost u around 12 lakhs so 1 lakh / month.

now more n more competition emerge, more n more we wud b in loss.

indian dth is not for 6 companies as well as 4-5 mso.

You are right about that. If we had 3 players DTH would hve been profitable but we have 6 pvt players. DTH will become profitable in a couple of years. Dish and tata are expected to be profitable in 2015. I hve doubts on sun and reliance.

sagar.patnaik said:
They could hve done that, but they followed the global market. If they follwed this principal stb price would hve been still hovering around Rs 4000-5000 and instead of 40 million they would be sitting at 10 million base. Their motto was to capture market by taking a hit initially. For them cable was the biggest competition. Funny part is that DTH is more successful in small town compared to big towns where cable is still dominating. So the argument that it is expensive doesnt hold the ground. May be a bit expensive from cable thats because of the extra license fee, entertainment tax. I get 200 channels for Rs 530 including 22 HD channels from airtel I find it cheap coz my cable wala asks Rs 250 for 75 odd channels without HD.

i think i had a nice discussion with u. pleasure to talk to u.
for me i wud prefer to pay 5000 rs just like mobile.

bcoz if i find any problem in my stb it is need not to be changed, i just go to a repair shop just like i go to a mobile repair shop.

secondly i like rdtv pq n aq but their cc n stb are the worst ones. so i cant take it n i have to stick to my stb n dth company.

n also i lived in america for about 3 4 months only but in america it is mandatory that u cannot charge even a single paisa or cent from the customer. the stb is free but in india v r paying.

now if my charger or my stb does not work, the full thing need to be replaced. i pay for eng visit also n for the remote or charger or stb also.

does it make any sense? the quality of ur stb is bad n i m paying for it.

i changed it 4 times in last 6 years, 500*4 =2000 rs
150*4= 600 rs
400 rs for the charger n the exact duration of a charger is 1 year.

so 400*5 = 2000 rs.

i have never purchased my mobile charger bcoz of the quality which m nt getting in stbs.

i am the looser also.

i m paying 1000 bucks a month for my 3 different dth for their base packages n every year there are around 2000 rs expense either on stb or remote or charger.

i m ready to pay even more but i wanna get quality service, all the important channels n the good quality CPEs.

bye bye

prateek1987 said:
i think i had a nice discussion with u. pleasure to talk to u.
for me i wud prefer to pay 5000 rs just like mobile.

bcoz if i find any problem in my stb it is need not to be changed, i just go to a repair shop just like i go to a mobile repair shop.

secondly i like rdtv pq n aq but their cc n stb are the worst ones. so i cant take it n i have to stick to my stb n dth company.

n also i lived in america for about 3 4 months only but in america it is mandatory that u cannot charge even a single paisa or cent from the customer. the stb is free but in india v r paying.

now if my charger or my stb does not work, the full thing need to be replaced. i pay for eng visit also n for the remote or charger or stb also.

does it make any sense? the quality of ur stb is bad n i m paying for it.

i changed it 4 times in last 6 years, 500*4 =2000 rs
150*4= 600 rs
400 rs for the charger n the exact duration of a charger is 1 year.

so 400*5 = 2000 rs.

i have never purchased my mobile charger bcoz of the quality which m nt getting in stbs.

i am the looser also.

i m paying 1000 bucks a month for my 3 different dth for their base packages n every year there are around 2000 rs expense either on stb or remote or charger.

i m ready to pay even more but i wanna get quality service, all the important channels n the good quality CPEs.

bye bye

In US u dont hve to pay seperately coz you have to sign a lockin period agreement for 2 years and in those 2 years they squeeze the amount out of you. You hve been unlucky in terms of quality equipment. My airtel stb is 2 years old and still working fine. I paid Rs 2200 i dont even expect it to run more than 2 years.

Read the articles about Comcast the largest cable operator of US and its horrific customer service. Its not only a story in India bro. In US too they have same issues

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock