Breaking TRAI Suggestive Package of 100 SD channels from Rs.184

• Thread starter Thread starter Ashok Varma
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 324
  • Views Views: Views 62,450
Forums knows it very well who supporting who blindly leave that part

How u interconnting both at utmost different situation ?? For discussion we'll take ur words let me explain

Blackout is a temporary issue like not paying EB bill , Water bill etc.. if u pay ull get so we can't live without EB or water so we'll pay ie) broadcaster & dpo will make agreement at any cost temporary issue

But here , which fool made 150+ for FTA channels ?? Who made ncf ?? Who want that .. why not it should be 50+ taxes for 100 FTA channels ?? Who set 19 mininmum for pay channel ?? Why not 6rs per pay channel ??

If really want to help users transparency bla bla .. just u want all the people to take pay channels for that this trick made .. I'm a under knowledge person compare to urs but I itself got u didn't think this ?? Surely you will but u have to support so ur supporting

Have any direct answer means pls reply

Regards

I interacted exactly how you did, it was you who brought politics first here.

Who told you black out temporary issue but chs pricing and NCF not ? TRAI order clearly has direction that DPO are free to change NCF after few months. And regarding chs pricing it's obvious if product is not seling well then price will reduce automatically. You don't need degree in economics to understand it.

If you have not read the TRAI paper then you are making yourself fool. In that paper it was clearly descibed how TRAI arrived at Rs 130 figure. It was addition of two price. Rs80+ Rs 50. You can go and check there. Check miscellaneous part of that paper.

So i hope these are direct answer to satisfy your queries.

And forget to mention regading alc rate of 6 rs for pay chs, in current regime the max alc rate is Rs15(ref check sc judgement page 84 i think) for a ch which was set in decade ago. TRAI has raised this limit to 19. Only rs 4 hike in 10 years. Is it bad ?

Last edited:
That's not my point bro. I'm saying, why would they force me to pay 130 NCF, if I decide to watch just 10 channels. 130 is the maximum NCF. There should be something called minimum NCF, which can be fixed by the DPO. For example, they can set it to 20 rupees (As TRAI guideline says 20 should be the NCF for extra 25 channels). So, once they fix this 20 rupees as minimum NCF, they can ask the customers to take the channels accordingly. I can take 1 channel or 25 channels depending on my requirement and the NCF should be 20 (As they may not be able fix NCF for just 1 channel). And then if I want to take 50 channels, then the NCF should be 40 (Here, even if I take 26 channels, I need to pay 40). Accordingly there should be different brackets of NCF till 100. If the customer is really falling in the 100 channel bracket, then the NCF should be 130. DPO can't force me to pay 130 rupees NCF as a minimum, because that is the maximum TRAI had set. Otherwise, there is no point in setting these guidelines, as everyone will end up paying 130 rupees as a minimum NCF, whether or not they watch 100 channels. The whole point in this is to allow customers to watch what they want to if I'm understanding this correctly.

bhai minimum ncf is zero , it is written in trai rule.

bhai minimum ncf is zero , it is written in trai rule.
Yeah, so the DPO can give multiple NCF brackets and the customer can chose whatever they want. This is excellent, we don't need to subscribe to any channels that we don't need. But till the 85 percent rule is in place, we need to subscribe to bouquets, though we don't want to watch certain channels in them, as Al-a-carte is too costly right now. Wish that comes in place quickly!!

Yeah, so the DPO can give multiple NCF brackets and the customer can chose whatever they want. This is excellent, we don't need to subscribe to any channels that we don't need. But till the 85 percent rule is in place, we need to subscribe to bouquets, though we don't want to watch certain channels in them, as Al-a-carte is too costly right now. Wish that comes in place quickly!!

DPO has the flexiblity to do that accoding to the rule. Now will DPO do it or not, it is upto them. we need 85% rule to bring down alc rate

Basic pack include unwanted channels which is mandatory for each subscriber.Then we can choose interested channels as we want. But price will be high as compared to earlier

I interacted exactly how you did, it was you who brought politics first here.

Who told you black out temporary issue but chs pricing and NCF not ? TRAI order clearly has direction that DPO are free to change NCF after few months. And regarding chs pricing it's obvious if product is not seling well then price will reduce automatically. You don't need degree in economics to understand it.

If you have not read the TRAI paper then you are making yourself fool. In that paper it was clearly descibed how TRAI arrived at Rs 130 figure. It was addition of two price. Rs80+ Rs 50. You can go and check there. Check miscellaneous part of that paper.

So i hope these are direct answer to satisfy your queries.
Haha put high security for the house to safeguard from theif but gave key to theif funny

Who said blackout are permanent to u ?? Then how comes star readded in adtv in latest Sony in Tatasky ?? Is this permanent blackout ur indicating ??

I happy that I may be a fool if I was wrong I'll learn that or I'll correct that instead of saying I'll be right always 😊😊

I was a starter of this conversation so I'm putting full stop here

Last edited:
Haha put high security for the house to safeguard from theif but gave key to theif funny

Who said blackout are permanent to u ?? Then how comes star readded in adtv in latest Sony in Tatasky ?? Is this permanent blackout ur indicating ??

I happy that I may be a fool if I was wrong I'll learn that or I'll correct that instead of saying I'll be right always 😊😊

I was a starter of this conversation so I'm putting full stop here

I am not saying blackout permanent, i am saying just like blackout these ncf and ch pricing is also temporay. Everything will depend upon subscribers response. If they pay then nothing will happen but if they stop watching then broadcastes/dpo will be forced to lower pricing

DPO has the flexiblity to do that accoding to the rule. Now will DPO do it or not, it is upto them. we need 85% rule to bring down alc rate
I believe they will and that's where the competition will be going forward. Whoever provides flexible NCF, subscribers will switch to that DPO.

I believe they will and that's where the competition will be going forward. Whoever provides flexible NCF, subscribers will switch to that DPO.

I believe price will drop for majority of chs from broadcasters also as they are aso not sure whether we will pay them or not at current pricing so they have asked not to rate TRP for chs during first few months as ad revenue depends on BARC data

Back
Top Bottom