Good News TRAI to unveil modified New Tariff Order rules on TV channel pricing by mid November

My realistic suggestions. That doesn't kill the television industry.

NCF should be highest at ₹100. Meanwhile SD and HD shall be equally priced to encourage broadcasters to introduce more HD channels.

Highest rates should be capped as the following :-

Entertainment channels : ₹10
Movie channels : ₹25
Sports channels : ₹75
Infotainment channels : ₹20
Kids channels : ₹5
Music channels : ₹5
News channels : ₹1
Religious channels : ₹2

No maximum rates cap for ad-free channels.

Don't judge me about the pricing. It's upto broadcasters. Remember that they pay in 100s crore for movies and 1000s of crores for sporting event. Because of low revenue we are not getting most important sporting events like Copa America Cup, La Liga, etc. Also news channels should be encouraged to go FTA.

Meanwhile brosdcasters should be given freedom to increase and decrease rates whenever they want. Also strict action should be taken against DPOs for not providing bouquets with unavailable channels.
I think you are a working in Star India
You had given a high capping for each category (except few).Then its better not to provide a capping.

Last edited:
I think you are a working in Star India:tup:
You are given a peak rates for each category (except few).Then its better to not provide a capping.
I wished I worked for Star India. But unfortunately I don't. I have given peak rates to niche categories. Considering the acquisition cost of both movies and sports. I think my pricing is fair.

What TRAI can do is remove DD channels from ncf slab. That's 25 extra SD channel space. Atleast this will be something for a start!!!!!
Already Cable Operators and Sun Direct have increased the Slab to 150 channels for NCF1,Wish others will soon follow,They must remove double NCF

They should remove NCF and do not take any cost for Any FTA channels in any platform like DD Free dish

They should remove NCF and do not take any cost for Any FTA channels in any platform like DD Free dish
They have to pay License fee, satellite rents and operational costs unlike DD FREE DISH, which owns by GOVT.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock