Good News TRAI to unveil modified New Tariff Order rules on TV channel pricing by mid November

Well there r many things which need correction but my small request to viewers is please start paying more subscription for news channels so that they are not majorly dependent on ratings or ads and can focus on important issues. Relying on ratings or ads has major downside and leads to many stories not being taken up or skipped.

If one can watch a movie in theatre by paying Rs. 50/100 /200 or order food at much higher price then surely supporting good journalism is equally or even more important cause to support wholeheartedly

If 100s of news channels are FTA. Pay ones despite their views are not gonna survive.

Infotainment channels already has great content. I am worried about them disappearing in coming years.

Broadcasters are not stupid who will price their sports channels with Kabaddi for ₹75 and south dubbed for ₹25. You don't see Star and Sony charge full amount now of ₹19 now. They are charging ₹10 and ₹15 respectively. These pricing would be reserved for niche offering.

And Entertainment channels gets plenty of ads already. People are skipping one GEC over the other because of ridiculous pricing. ₹10 makes sense if channels are bought on bouquet basis. They make less profit on individual channels.

Standalone Infotainment HD channels can survive only through distributor bouquets.
SBE, TLC, Travel XP, History - all are losing because people are not subscribing Ala-carte.
Earlier SUN was providing all available Infotainment and Life-style HD channels as a pack for Rs.50.

Previously it was expensive to subscribe Sports & English channels.
But now @ ₹58 we get all Sony Sports+English Channels in HD!!

now the ONLY expensive thing is *Nonsense Capacity Fee*
And more stupidity is broadcasters business tactics. During special events and airing special programming. Broadcasters should offer discounts. Like when Big Boss is on. They can make more money off advertisement than subscription revenue.

Previously it was expensive to subscribe Sports & English channels.
But now @ ₹58 we get all Sony Sports+English Channels in HD!!

now the ONLY expensive thing is *Nonsense Capacity Fee*
Just Sony? and All + english means? Including comedy Central, Zee cafe, colors infinity, star world, all? And Where is star sports? You have to pay Rs 85 for Star Sports HD English Bouquet. Total 58+85= 143.

Last edited:
Just Sony? and All + english means? Including comedy Central, Zee cafe, colors infinity, star world, all? And Where is star sports? You have to pay Rs 85 for Star Sports HD English Bouquet. Total 58+85= 143.
Subscribed to TV18 North East pack of ₹17 that includes Colors Infinity Comedy Central as well MTV VH1 History.
Also Zee Prime Pack english ₹15.

But after implementing new rule most of the customers getting benefit in sports channels price.
I used to get all sports channel + all other channels just by paying 380 rupees per month. Now i couldn't take Star Sports select 1, Select 2, Sony Ten 1, 3 (SD) but paying same amount of money.

SVP English lite ₹17 got 3 Star English channels as well.
And Airtel's Sports Hindi add-on (Star1hindi & Sony Ten 3 HD) is ₹42

Previously I had to pay ₹99 for all english & ₹65 for 1 sport channel.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock