Good News TRAI to unveil modified New Tariff Order rules on TV channel pricing by mid November

I used to get all sports channel + all other channels just by paying 380 rupees per month. Now i couldn't take Star Sports select 1, Select 2, Sony Ten 1, 3 (SD) but paying same amount of money.
Star NEED to make a Sports ONLY bouquet!

My realistic suggestions. That doesn't kill the television industry.

NCF should be highest at ₹100. Meanwhile SD and HD shall be equally priced to encourage broadcasters to introduce more HD channels.

Highest rates should be capped as the following :-

Entertainment channels : ₹10
Movie channels : ₹25
Sports channels : ₹75
Infotainment channels : ₹20
Kids channels : ₹5
Music channels : ₹5
News channels : ₹1
Religious channels : ₹2

No maximum rates cap for ad-free channels.

Don't judge me about the pricing. It's upto broadcasters. Remember that they pay in 100s crore for movies and 1000s of crores for sporting event. Because of low revenue we are not getting most important sporting events like Copa America Cup, La Liga, etc. Also news channels should be encouraged to go FTA.

Meanwhile brosdcasters should be given freedom to increase and decrease rates whenever they want. Also strict action should be taken against DPOs for not providing bouquets with unavailable channels.
Just 1 word

Thank God You are Not a TRAI Chairman 🤣😜😠

NCF Should be Rs 84.5 (Rs 100 including GST). Customer should have the right to pick and choose 100 Channels in NCF, in the FTA list. Max price for SD Channel Rs 3 and HD Channel Rs 5. If it is ad free, the rate may be Rs 5 and 10 for SD and HD respectively.

NCF Should be Rs 84.5 (Rs 100 including GST). Customer should have the right to pick and choose 100 Channels in NCF, in the FTA list. Max price for SD Channel Rs 3 and HD Channel Rs 5. If it is ad free, the rate may be Rs 5 and 10 for SD and HD respectively.
Previously the base pack of FTA channels price was ₹99

Hello, why do think english channels is bundled. This is the lowest price they are willing to offer for sports.
Star have bundled 5 HD english channels @ ₹29 and 3 SD English channels @ ₹17. I'm ok with that.

But considering the fact that Star is the leading channel in Sports category, they should make a bouquet where we'll get ONLY sports channels, not on a-la-carte.

Star have bundled 5 HD english channels @ ₹29 and 3 SD English channels @ ₹17. I'm ok with that.

But considering the fact that Star is the leading channel in Sports category, they should make a bouquet where we'll get ONLY sports channels, not on a-la-carte.
Again they are cleverly avoiding it to. Not reduce price. That's why they bundled English channels on sports only bouquets.

Which bouquet is that?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock