Good News TRAI wins the tariff order case against Star in Supreme Court

• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,725
  • Views: Views 232,156
16. Why Set top box interoperability is not mandated in new regulations?
Source : TRAI FAQs

They have a point. Although the mammoth facelift TRAI is attempting to give to the broadcasting sector would have held its efficacy if the interoperability were to be deployed a priori. I would be surprised if TRAI officials are deluding themselves by believing that they will be able to curb piracy; which it seems is bound to be a game of cat and mouse in the foreseeable future. Perhaps they are acting out of ignorance of the current situation in this regard.

Last edited:
If Airtel and Sun does not provide cost effective packs and discounts in the new regime, there could be mass migrations to TS
I don't think so Anna there may be some migration but not mass coz investing a new Dth always tough for all especially in rural areas

A cable operator said the delay was due to a litigation pending in Madras high court, which disposed of the matter only on Thursday.The court said there should not be any cap on discounts to be offered by broadcasters. TRAI had capped the discount on the price of a bouquet at 15% of the sum of MRPs of individual channels that make up the package. “Now, broadcasters and MSOs are likely to offer more discounts and change their MRPs. As they were waiting for the court order, the brochures were not printed. The process of outreach is now expected to gather momentum,” said VS Patrick Raj, president of Karnataka State Cable TV Operators Association.

No clarity as operators yet to approach users with rates - Times of India

So all chs ALC will be 19 from now but if you take bouquet then we will get all those at 90% discount, stupid policy :mad:
I don't even care anymore. If Hotstar and Sony Liv fix their steaming of sports. Most of us won't bother to either retain cable or DTH services.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock