Good News TRAI wins the tariff order case against Star in Supreme Court

• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,725
  • Views: Views 231,882
Even Airtel DTH has reduced all the prices of HD channels to Rs.20 except Sports HD channels which are priced at Rs. 75. Sun HD channels are also priced at Rs.40.

Bro unable to connect Sony Website
Direct link to PDF document: https://d1or4efq32i6bx.cloudfront.net/ratecard/RIO[MRP]-DTH-05092018-updated-clean-compressed.pdf
14 HD cost in bouquet MRP is Rs.116.
Sony's 'updated' RIO card shows the 14 HD BIG HD bouquet priced at Rs.116 but according to TRAI guideline it should not be less than 85% of alacarte value. So maybe Sony RIO card is not yet compliant? Does this mean that prices will again change. It seems TRAI regulation is not as simple as it seems because of this 85% bouquet rule.

Last edited:
Finally, we will pay the higher price, after seeing channels MRPs & boutique rates, FTA cost Rs.150/- (ie Rs.130+GST), even in Cable network.

This is bad news for customers!
I watch Infotainment+English Movies+ English Entertainment+ Music (All SD channels) = 8+5+6+8=27
My parents watch Kannada channels
=10
=27+10=37
=37*10= 370Rs/pm
This is not at all fair 😒

Last edited:
Finally, we will pay the higher price, after seeing channels MRPs & boutique rates, FTA cost Rs.150/- (ie Rs.130+GST), even in Cable network.
Yes. These regulations are approved by all companies so its by no means a purely customer centric regulation. It's only in the last stage that Star fired their legal team and decided to fight their own recommendation to TRAI. Ideally one prefer an unregulated market, but these measure are being taken to ensure a common agreement between broadcasters and operator to ensure all customers are getting similar service throughout the market. As far as customers are concerned, the only advantage is in alacarte price and the right to not be bundled with unwanted channels.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock