Good News TRAI wins the tariff order case against Star in Supreme Court

• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,725
  • Views: Views 233,276
I think my monthly rental would go high. I use ADTV and through self care I get plenty of offer top ups. After court order implementation there won't be anything special.
I know that I get discounted top ups only because some one is paying more for the same I watch. For them it's a good move.
For example take subscription of sports top up. For ₹65/m a user might get only one SD channel where as one like me get about 10 HD channels from ADTV. ADTV looks at average revenue through this.
1. Airtel already implemented TRAI's Traiff order thats the reason why we are getting discounted Combo topups.
2. Even Sports channels will be reduced to SD - Rs.10 & HD - Rs.20
3. I fear starting Basepack may be capped at Rs.200 or Price hike in current packs will be surely done by DTH operators.

1. Airtel already implemented TRAI's Traiff order thats the reason why we are getting discounted Combo topups.
3. I fear starting Basepack may be capped at Rs.200 or Price hike in current packs will be surely done by DTH operators.
Base pack has also MRP 130+GST

Even if the price of sports channels become 10/20, we won't get much savings when subscribed as combo top up. Providers are not supposed to give more than 15% off when subscribed as bouquet. Now for star and sony hd top up we pay ₹65/m and after implementation of order price will become at least 129/m as the top up contains 8 hd channels.
Also if price of base pack is increased it will become much more expensive.

Pls don,t worry in this case trai is with customers. This verdict makes benefits.for us for sure.

Last edited:
As per the new tariff order by Trai, 100 free-to-air channels have to be offered at Rs 130 per month (excluding taxes) and rest a-la-carte.

The maximum retail price (MRP) of all the channels have to be clearly mentioned in the electronic programming guide and users can subscribe to the channels they want.It also mandates broadcasters to specify reference interconnect offer (RIO) detailing price, other terms and conditions to permit interconnection of another carrier to its network.

Wow:cheers:

As per the new tariff order by Trai, 100 free-to-air channels have to be offered at Rs 130 per month (excluding taxes) and rest a-la-carte.

The maximum retail price (MRP) of all the channels have to be clearly mentioned in the electronic programming guide and users can subscribe to the channels they want.It also mandates broadcasters to specify reference interconnect offer (RIO) detailing price, other terms and conditions to permit interconnection of another carrier to its network.

Wow:cheers:
May be channel names update like these in dths and digital tv. For ex:sony six @rs19

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock