Good News TRAI wins the tariff order case against Star in Supreme Court

• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,725
  • Views: Views 233,671
Wrong. As per my calculation, network capacity fee for 100 SD channels=Rs.130 + 60 HD Channels is = Rs.150 (addtional capacity fee for 20 SD are Rs25, so for 1 HD is Rs.2.50). So, total capacity fee will be Rs.280 + Pay tv rates / Bouquet rates. FTA channels will be free, who paid network capacity fee for them.[/QU
So total final rate will be ???
Sorry, some mistake is there in additional capacity rate. Correct Rate is Rs.20 for 25 SD channels.

The its costly. What if a customer wants this pack to be around Rs 300-350 ???
Yes, it becomes costly if customer takes channels broadcaster wise.

Distributor(DTH/CableTV) will be offering us packs in ways.

1. Publishing Net Capacity Fee and Distributor Retail Price fr Alacarte/Bouquets for each channel/Broadcasters wise.

Here, Customer will have to choose channels broadcaster wise.

Pay Channels Rate + Network Capacity Fee as subscribed by Customer = Total Cost

2. Distribution also have the right to make a bouquet pack consisting channels of two/more broadcasters(like currently) without exceeding Broadcasters Published Rates.

Rs.130 + Bouquet Cost created by Distributor = Total Cost.

***SD & HD Channels Bouquets are separate. Same Channel SD & HD varient cant be produced in single Bouquet.

So for the 2nd point of your we have to wait till all DTH revise their packs. That will be next month i guess. before that all operators will give discounts on existing packs

So if a person wants 100 SD channels then

Bouquet of 25 channels X 4 (Rs 20 for 25 SD channels)
Rs 20 X 4 =Rs 80

And I'd he wants 60 HD channels then (Rs 20 for 12 HD channels)
Bouquet of 12 channels X 5 (1 HD = 2 SD)
Rs 20 X 5 =Rs 100

Add network capacity fee Rs 130 for 100 FTA channels

So Rs 80+100+130= Rs 310

So for a total of 260 Channels they subscriber has to Pay Rs 310

Is this calculation right ?
As far as I know, this calculation is wrong.

If you take all the additional channels as Ala Carte then, you will need to pay the MRP for all 160 additional channels which becomes huge (3040/- if all channels priced at 19/-).

But of course this is unrealistic and people will go with Bouquets offers by DPOs and hopefully there will be discounts offered there.

Jst watched an interview with TRAI chief on CNBC AWAAZ Fb page. He said ₹130 has to be paid for 100 free to air channels even if u wish to watch only 50 of them.
Jst watch,sorry unable to share link,search in Fb

Jst watched an interview with TRAI chief on CNBC AWAAZ Fb page. He said ₹130 has to be paid for 100 free to air channels even if u wish to watch only 50 of them.
Jst watch,sorry unable to share link,search in Fb
Yes i saw yesterday... You are right.

But SC verdict is final right. They dismissed stars plea.

SC case was broadcaster-centric.Delhi HC case is DTH-centric.Tata Sky and Bharti Telemedia have challenged TRAI's QoS (Quality of Service) regulations in Delhi HC.

SC case was broadcaster-centric.Delhi HC case is DTH-centric.Tata Sky and Bharti Telemedia have challenged TRAI's QoS (Quality of Service) regulations in Delhi HC.

Then they will also loose the case.

So If broadcaster lost and they are ready with new tariff order and if say DTH win the case in HC how will they implement the order ?

And what if after loosing in HC DTH challenge in SC, it will further be delayed

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock