Good News TRAI wins the tariff order case against Star in Supreme Court

• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,725
  • Views: Views 232,029
Bro,Whether after new implementation also , the DTH operators are permitted to keep the lock in period for Base packs , Addons and Alacarte channels? Its really stopping from subscribing for channels/packs for limited period and unsubscribe after that especially alacarte sports channels.

The twists and turns in the case of a new tariff regime being sought to be implemented by broadcast and telecoms regulator TRAI continues. It has filed a petition in the Supreme Court on the issue of 15 per cent cap on discount on a bouquet price of TV channels to consumers that had been set aside by Madras High Court while upholding TRAI’s right to regulate the broadcast... TRAI tariff issue back in Supreme Court

So, TRAI is trying to keep 15% Discount Cap. If that happens then the bouquets will be very costly:wall:

So, TRAI is trying to keep 15% Discount Cap. If that happens then the bouquets will be very costly:wall:

Gopi bro you are interpreting it in wrong way. Infact without this 15% discount cap TRAI Tariff Order will lose much of its relevance. Currently broadcasters have been forced to keep their A-La-Carte pricing within Rs. 19 limit but again in bouquet they are offering massive discount thus forcing subscribers to stay away from A-La-Carte and opt for all channels in their bouquet. This makes the main purpose of this ruling lose its teeth.

If TRAI wins this appeal then broadcasters will be forced to drop A-La-Carte rates too thus giving us freedom to choose our favorite channels as per choice.

Gopi bro you are interpreting it in wrong way. Infact without this 15% discount cap TRAI Tariff Order will lose much of its relevance. Currently broadcasters have been forced to keep their A-La-Carte pricing within Rs. 19 limit but again in bouquet they are offering massive discount thus forcing subscribers to stay away from A-La-Carte and opt for all channels in their bouquet. This makes the main purpose of this ruling lose its teeth.

If TRAI wins this appeal then broadcasters will be forced to drop A-La-Carte rates too thus giving us freedom to choose our favorite channels as per choice.
I think Supreme Court shall not allow boutiques or discounts, then only we will pick n pay for what can we view.

I think Supreme Court shall not allow boutiques or discounts, then only we will pick n pay for what can we view.
Even If Supreme Court doesn't approve Broadcasters Bouquets, I think DPO's will still have the option to offer customised bouquets of two or more Broadcasters.

Even If Supreme Court doesn't approve Broadcasters Bouquets, I think DPO's will still have the option to offer customised bouquets of two or more Broadcasters.
I think DPOs didn't give discount more than broadcasters' discounts.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock