DDF Exclusive TRAI's Channel Selector Application - Updates and Discussion

there is nothing wrong in giving feedback. if they wish they take into consideration. it is similar to typing message in the forum.

I can't bro. I watch Tennis (Australian Open is going on), which is on SPN and Next NZ Tour is coming up for which we need Star.
Same here. I've almost the same channels except Regional.

My channel selection

iGWeOj2.jpg
I think you're the only one who don't need optimisation from TRAI.

Why all DD channels are mandatory?
I never like DD channels anymore. Out of 100 FTA, they have alone captured almost 30 slots. They are forcing people to watch their channels whether you want it or not.
Wow...
It is the great business of increasing DD channels viewership & decreasing other FTA channels viewerships. The time has come for us to protest together against TRAI's this one-sided attitude.

The whole exercise TRAI has done to bring this New Tariff Order is to bring the customer the choice to select the desired channels they want. I don't understand then why TRAI has insisting the cable operators/DTH operators to forcefully show the 25 DD Channel which is made it as mandatory.

Is it make any sense to watch a DD channel in which i don't understand the language at all !! . By doing this DD is forcing its 'bouquets of channels' to all customers which is not correct at all.

MIB/TRAI should only insist the availability of this 25 Mandatory DD Channels in the network, but ultimate choice to select any channel should be with the customer.

Also please look in to this information which MIB given earlier.
Digital India Mib

in which its says;

Q:Why should there be advertisements when a consumer is required to pay for pay channels?
A:There are two streams of revenue for a broadcaster. One is the subscription revenue the other is the advertisement revenue. A rough estimate is that approximately 70% of the revenue is from advertisements and 30% from subscription .If the revenue stream from advertisements is reduced to nil a Broadcasters will have no other option but to meet expenses from subscription revenue. Hence cost to consumer will further increase. The ceiling on MRP of Rs 5.35/- per pay channel per month by TRAI has been decided by TRAI taking into account this important factor.

Now look at the MRP of Pay channels charging now - its Rs.19/- , so how you are justifying this now.!!

The whole exercise TRAI has done to bring this New Tariff Order is to bring the customer the choice to select the desired channels they want. I don't understand then why TRAI has insisting the cable operators/DTH operators to forcefully show the 25 DD Channel which is made it as mandatory.

Is it make any sense to watch a DD channel in which i don't understand the language at all !! . By doing this DD is forcing its 'bouquets of channels' to all customers which is not correct at all.

MIB/TRAI should only insist the availability of this 25 Mandatory DD Channels in the network, but ultimate choice to select any channel should be with the customer.

Also please look in to this information which MIB given earlier.
Digital India Mib

in which its says;

Q:Why should there be advertisements when a consumer is required to pay for pay channels?
A:There are two streams of revenue for a broadcaster. One is the subscription revenue the other is the advertisement revenue. A rough estimate is that approximately 70% of the revenue is from advertisements and 30% from subscription .If the revenue stream from advertisements is reduced to nil a Broadcasters will have no other option but to meet expenses from subscription revenue. Hence cost to consumer will further increase. The ceiling on MRP of Rs 5.35/- per pay channel per month by TRAI has been decided by TRAI taking into account this important factor.

Now look at the MRP of Pay channels charging now - its Rs.19/- , so how you are justifying this now.!!

Earlier MRP limit was Rs15 which was set at decade ago. For ref check SC judgement page 85. TRAI has raised this limit to Rs 19. Rs 4 hike in 10 years not bad as per my view

SC Telecommunications.pdf
This is what the judgement says
Equally, when a ceiling of INR 19 on the maximum retail price of pay channels which can be provided as a part of a bouquet is fixed by the Authority, the Authority’s focus is to be fair to both the subscribers as well as the broadcasters. INR 19 is an improvement over the erstwhile ceiling of INR 15.12 fixed by the earlier regulation which nobody has challenged.

Here nobody refers to broadcasters aka Star India in this case

Last edited:
in this Star Hindi Platinum HD missing, my monthly bill will be 566 without any Star channels.

I think TRAI has not count HD to be 2 SD channels in this calculator.
So the prices could be even more due to higher NCF for HD channel count.

Apart from some errors and roughness which is quite natural in a government undertaking,The concept and layout of trai's channel selector is nice, especially the optimizimg option.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock