!!URGENT!! Videocon D2H : Splitter or No Splitter !!URGENT!!

r_videod2h

Reaction score
Hello All,

I got Videocon D2H today.

I have a very urgent question for the experts here.

I have a multiroom setup, and have two TVs at my place.

We have a concealed wiring and have wires running to each of them.

However, we have a splitter just outside our windows, for both of our TV.

I told the installation guy to run the main cable to the splitter, so that my concealed wiring remains intact & I wont have to run separate wiring.

He said, it might cause some issues in the reception.

Whats your advice?could splitter cause issues?

I am really not keen on running separte wires again, could the guy be saying this, since they charge for the extra wires?

Please help, its urgent and they are doing the installation tomorrow.

Heard from others that splitter only work with either box at a time

Max, thanks for your reply.

I meant, I just have two different wires for my TV points internally.(concealed)

My current setup is, there is a main wire, which goes into the splitter and ahead to both of these TVs.

In this case, I am asking if I replace the main wire with D2H dish wire, would it degrade the signal.

I will be using two STBs.

Talking about cable they prefer d2h cable.

Sorry, no idea. When d2h eng installed dvr at my friend house he need extra cable, he requested them to use his old d2h cable but they denied to use old wire & used new.

Reason may uncut cable may not cause for signal loss.

Understood. Matter is old wire affect signal quality or not & no knowledge about it. Maybe that cable free with that connection.

r_videod2h said:
Hello All,

I got Videocon D2H today.

I have a very urgent question for the experts here.

I have a multiroom setup, and have two TVs at my place.

We have a concealed wiring and have wires running to each of them.

However, we have a splitter just outside our windows, for both of our TV.

I told the installation guy to run the main cable to the splitter, so that my concealed wiring remains intact & I wont have to run separate wiring.

He said, it might cause some issues in the reception.

Whats your advice?could splitter cause issues?

I am really not keen on running separte wires again, could the guy be saying this, since they charge for the extra wires?

Please help, its urgent and they are doing the installation tomorrow.

splitter won't work as videocon d2h runs channels both on horizontal and vertical unlike tata sky which currently uses only horizontal polarity so if suppose u r watching a ch running on horizontal polarity on one tv and a channel running on vertical polarity on second tv so a single wire from splitter to dish won't be able to carry both the signals and ur tv's won't work

Hey guys, thanks a lot for your replies.

You are indeed spot on about the polarity.

We removed the splitter and just joined the two wires with their connectors. I have two wires running from the dish and joined them with the existing concealed wires.

My concealed wiring was intact. :)

I got this installed today morning, and the installation went smoothly and was in time.

Exploring the STB right now, and glued to the HD sports channels, that is what I wanted. :)

Thanks everyone.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock