!!URGENT!! Videocon D2H : Splitter or No Splitter !!URGENT!!

r_videod2h

Reaction score
Hello All,

I got Videocon D2H today.

I have a very urgent question for the experts here.

I have a multiroom setup, and have two TVs at my place.

We have a concealed wiring and have wires running to each of them.

However, we have a splitter just outside our windows, for both of our TV.

I told the installation guy to run the main cable to the splitter, so that my concealed wiring remains intact & I wont have to run separate wiring.

He said, it might cause some issues in the reception.

Whats your advice?could splitter cause issues?

I am really not keen on running separte wires again, could the guy be saying this, since they charge for the extra wires?

Please help, its urgent and they are doing the installation tomorrow.

I think you already created the same thread...

Seperate wire from LNB itself gives good strength in Signal, so it is good only.

It is not possible to use plain splitter in case of Satellite TV. Actually your each STB powers up LNB and it switches the polarity on 13V/18V for receiving on H (Horizontal) or V (vertical) polarity channels. You need separate cables running from LNB to STB if you have to receive channels independently on each STB. Another option is loop out (option is not there in our Videocon STBs). In that case you will receive the same polarity channels in your secondary STB as of the primary STB.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock