Breaking Viacom18 wins BCCI Media Rights

That too bcci asking with best pq, where bcci production itself has substandard quality
behalf of BCCI multiple Equipment/Production companies producing under BCCI.TV Productions.
How can they telecast everymatch when BCCI itself doesn't produce the feed for 95% matches
It's ego of BCCI. like ECB, CA, CSA board domestic official Broadcasters producing everything even they earn some other way Revenue using advance technology during their production which you can see in ground/matches.

BCCI knows if they allow these things, Broadcaster remove unwanted things and adding their own On Air live Ads during match.

Dino bhai from your above post i got your point and many like you write same thing who are just Jio Haters and particularly ambani haters.. what did you write to prove your point that you accept price was little bit on higher side pre 2016 what (little bit) cant you understand the difference between 250 rupees vs 10 rupees for 1 gb??? Jio is the only service which disrupted telecom sector which was taken by idea,airtel,vodafone which all were looting customers.. same was with hotstar which was looting us all.. how come now hotstar providing free streaming of asia cup and all important world cup??? In all those 20 years why cant they ever shown even one match for free.. matlab jio free offer kare isme bhi problem hai.. achchaa free hai toh lifetime kyn free nhn hai isme bhi jio ko gaai denge.. i mean this is somewhat what some of us mentality is.. i am proud to be Indian 🇮🇳 and our indian brand outbid othera to get brodcasting rights which was which foreign brand star.. your words reminded me of covid vaccine times when congress ppl wantedd to buy super expensive pfizer vaccine and gave all sorts of abuses to indian vaccine..

Please buddy don't bring in Deshbhakti angle to this discussion. I was simply stating that how airtel was able to counter Jio in telecom sector, similarly Disney-Star will be able to compete against Jio in Broadcast / OTT space if correct strategy is made, implemented.
Also when i said data priced pre Jio wntry were slightly overpriced then i was not drawing a comparison with current prices to earlier ones but taking into account the fact that Airte had acquired 3G/4G spectrum at extremely high price then there r so many operational costs, ad expenditure etc involved thereby all these r factored in when a company decides price for a service for it to remain a viable business model.

Jio came and caused disruption, it was giving freebies but we all know tha it caused losses which was a strategy to acquire more subscribers but airtel employed smart strategy of focusing on providing good services and not lowering prices beyond certain limit thus managing to keep large part of subscribers with itself while letting go off others. Later as the freebies rollout was slowed by Jio and price increase started happening...also many people noticed that Airtel provided better services in most areas then again these subscribers started shifting back to Airtel.

Keeping above topic aside if tomorrow some Indian Company engages in some unethical or wrong activity while a foreign brand is transparent + honest in its business operations then do u think being a Bharatiya i should still choose 1st option? I guess u would say No and that is why i always believe that support what is right rather than connecting one thing to something another which dilutes the real essence of what us being discussed.

I am all for some discounts or offers being provided by companies but expecting all things free is bad for financial health of the companies as well as customers have to bear with poor services in long run.

Star India did not give free access to India Cricket on its OTT platform earlier bcoz a subscription + ad revenue driven model helps a company to better recover large investments gone into buying rights of such sporting properties as well as lacs/crores of money spent in other costs involved with presenting, promoting,,distributing it alongside other operational costs. Free streaming surely helps bring in more viewers and ad revenue but still i think subscription fee holds key importance for companies to earn required revenue .

Ad revenue or viewership again may not be high for an ODI or test match as compared to T20 match while more live cricket days in a year further leads to audience interest lowering and brands r also cautious of where to buy ad slots

Please buddy don't bring in Deshbhakti angle to this discussion. I was simply stating that how airtel was able to counter Jio in telecom sector, similarly Disney-Star will be able to compete against Jio in Broadcast / OTT space if correct strategy is made, implemented.
Also when i said data priced pre Jio wntry were slightly overpriced then i was not drawing a comparison with current prices to earlier ones but taking into account the fact that Airte had acquired 3G/4G spectrum at extremely high price then there r so many operational costs, ad expenditure etc involved thereby all these r factored in when a company decides price for a service for it to remain a viable business model.

Jio came and caused disruption, it was giving freebies but we all know tha it caused losses which was a strategy to acquire more subscribers but airtel employed smart strategy of focusing on providing good services and not lowering prices beyond certain limit thus managing to keep large part of subscribers with itself while letting go off others. Later as the freebies rollout was slowed by Jio and price increase started happening...also many people noticed that Airtel provided better services in most areas then again these subscribers started shifting back to Airtel.

Keeping above topic aside if tomorrow some Indian Company engages in some unethical or wrong activity while a foreign brand is transparent + honest in its business operations then do u think being a Bharatiya i should still choose 1st option? I guess u would say No and that is why i always believe that support what is right rather than connecting one thing to something another which dilutes the real essence of what us being discussed.

I am all for some discounts or offers being provided by companies but expecting all things free is bad for financial health of the companies as well as customers have to bear with poor services in long run.

Star India did not give free access to India Cricket on its OTT platform earlier bcoz a subscription + ad revenue driven model helps a company to better recover large investments gone into buying rights of such sporting properties as well as lacs/crores of money spent in other costs involved with presenting, promoting,,distributing it alongside other operational costs. Free streaming surely helps bring in more viewers and ad revenue but still i think subscription fee holds key importance for companies to earn required revenue .

Ad revenue or viewership again may not be high for an ODI or test match as compared to T20 match while more live cricket days in a year further leads to audience interest lowering and brands r also cautious of where to buy ad slots
Airtel had a staunch businessman like Bharti Mittal to wade through this difficult period.

There is no one like that in Disney Star.

s2Z1D0S.jpg

This means that they are not planning to launch other channels of Sports18 right now. I think they can launch them during India vs England test series.
For hindi they should have opted for Colors flagship channel, superhits is a bad choice considering that it's not available for d2h customers

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock