Volume levels ajusted very low in videocon d2h

• Thread starter dino29
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 32
  • Views: Views 17,693

dino29

Reaction score
the volume level adjusted from uplinking centre for all sd channels and hd channels is very low in videocon d2h
for example if i connect DVD Player through hdmi 1 to hd tv and videocon d2h through hdmi 2 to hd tv . keep the set top box volume of videocon d2h stb and dvd player to full and then say put on any channel like say star gold , so if i now adjust the volume of tv set to 8 for both dvd player and videocon d2h , now in videocon d2h we get very low volume on the channels as compared to volume we receive for any dvd played on the same tv volume on dvd player which is connected to the same tv. this low volume level adjustment for all standard definition , hd channels and active music audio channels in videocon d2h is dampening the base effects and other effects which should come in sound of any channel and which enhance the sound quality. Specially volume levels of Zee News, IBN7, Sony Mix, CNN-IBN, Star Gold, zoom is drastically low while of other standard definition/HD channels and many language feeds of multilingual channels are very low or uneven. Even volume levels adjusted for Standard Definition and HD channels in Airtel Digital TV are notch higher than videocon d2h which gives better sound quality.

Even when you say compare audio level, of airtel digital tv and videocon d2h, the volume level in videocon d2h for all standard definition and HD channels is much lower.To compare simply switch on tv, connect airtel dth to hdmi 1and videocon d2h to hdmi2, keep stb volume of both the stb's to full and keep tv volume at a standard level.Now start comparing the low audio level we get in videocon d2h to the normal/proper volume level in airtel digital tv on most channels barring a few
Only few channels like planet m music space hitz channel number 550, News Nation and Hindi Language feed of National Geographic channel number 605 is working at proper/good audio level and i have requested videocon d2h to please bring volume level of all other standard definition and HD channels to the volume level adjusted for Hindi Language feed of National Geographic channel number 605

Videocon d2h should increase volume level of all sd and hd channels

Also has anyone noticed that since many days too much pixelation is there on hd channels, see closely. Seems they are compressing more to add new hd channels. This is a wrong step taken by videocon d2h

You're in full contact with higher authorities, why don't you contact them about it? And ask them to add new channels. Famous channels, not crappy one!

i have done that bro, infact not only that i am in contact with them for various software, hardware improvements, channel additions and other technical things

In SD Channels Picture quality is very bad in fast moving scenes like dances and fights compared to normal scenes. Its quite annoying. Technicians who came to check this problem are saying, they don't know why it is getting like this and i am only one complaining this type of problem.

vlcsnap2013052006h51m54.png

vlcsnap2013052006h55m22.png

Taking a DTH service is still an expensive one for some people. What can we do, if we face problems like this. We can't change DTH Services one by one. As it is again expensive one. And we never know if that Service provider gives good quality picture in all channels or not.

do not worry bro, tomorrow i have an appointment to talk with the uplink centre team and i will make sure that they relay all popular channels in good picture quality as well as sound quality/level is enhanced on all channels. U will see the difference soon

regarding software/hardware issues, i have already forwarded to to their r and d team various points which should be implemented in next software update and new hardware versions

Dino.. Please confirm when they are going to update software for HD box to have recording feature..

And great man you are.. proud that one of our DDF member is highly demanded by a DTH company..

yes sadiq bro, it was scheduled to happen 20 days back but some glitches made them stop it . Work is on , i will give u an update soon

also many new channels are on the way but really picture quality has taken a setback as they are overcompressing the channels, tomorrow wil make sure that they understand the importance of quaity along with maintaining quantity

also bro i am intouch with higher teams of tata sky and airtel digital tv too. Got many issues resolved in last few months in al 3 dth companies

That is great man.. But as you mentioned earlier, the software update could have happened earlier.. But till now it didn't happen.. Do you know why?

some bugs in the software need to be corrected , that is the reason for the delay

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock