Breaking W.e.f 8th March Star Network Channels will be removed from base pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless there is a rule which states "channels which were available during subscription should be available till the end of the subscription period for a subscriber" these things are bound to happen. This is a perfect example of disadvantages of long term commitment especially in DTH. Not good for ARP subscribers.

Airtel gonna suffer not Star there were plenty of options in the form of Digital Cable & other DTH operators available other than Airtel and the timing is worst as Star has upper hand with IPL rights it's sensible thing to comply with Star Network's Norms & continue to provide Star Channels as usual.

Already there is plenty of reasons for Airtel users to migrate this will be a another good reason to switch to other operators.

why young & talented cricket player have to suffer for this ?? Its something related to TRAI not abt ipl or cricket

Sorry we can't be a spineless dth whatever broadcaster said dth rotating their head by looting customers in the name of HDAF

Don't know abt others but myself happy with this decision atleast one dth having backbone to stand against broadcaster

This issue will be sort out once star baarc ratings Decreased then star no other way instead of agreement so this is a interim for that we are going to going to get new Channels so happy for that

on the other side HDAF should not be waive for another decade. So be happy with ur dth & hdaf :)
I also support Airtel in this case. They have given us best possible packs with so much flexibility. It's our time to support them and stay strong with them those who are saying to leave Airtel for just this please understand this will encourage monopoly of star and in the long run we customers will suffer.

This is big slap to all those who were happy with Star Sports Winning Television rights for IPL they have shown their true colours.
SPN never did this any tym before any IPL and they also had Sony Max who was available in almost all base packs this is reason I hate Star Sports they just want Money nothing else
That's why SPN is better compare to star

Dear friends
What will be the implication for infinity HD customers.... Airtel has not replied to my query on the same... I do not mind losing most star channels but not having star sports select when the football season is reaching its climax is an issue and when india hockey games are on SS1/2 losing them too.. but atleast it will be available on ala carte (I hope)... albeit at extra cost... speaking of compensation I would be MOST happy if TEN GOLF is added along with DSPORT HD....

Airtel gonna suffer not Star there were plenty of options in the form of Digital Cable & other DTH operators available other than Airtel and the timing is worst as Star has upper hand with IPL rights it's sensible thing to comply with Star Network's Norms & continue to provide Star Channels as usual.

Already there is plenty of reasons for Airtel users to migrate this will be a another good reason to switch to other operators.

Not At All Bro!t Star Only Will Suffer!

Don't Expect Viewers To Switch To Other Operators For This Reason!

Moreover How Many Viewers Will Surf & Compare Packages & Aa-La-Karte Like Us To Switch Only For Star Channels?

If Same Happened During IPL

Loss Is Only For Star Because The Ad Fee Agreement Based On TRP & Availability Of Channels

For this behaviour Already Star channels rating drops as per Barc Rating.

Where ? 35 Lakh home in bengal are left out of star but still they are top in Bengal with Star Jalsa is at the top

if all star channels are removed then what's the purpose of mega pack I would downgrade my pack to value prime.

can someone tell me `Free for eligible customers` means which package refers to here??

Last edited:
Not At All Bro!t Star Only Will Suffer!

Don't Expect Viewers To Switch To Other Operators For This Reason!

Moreover How Many Viewers Will Surf & Compare Packages & Aa-La-Karte Like Us To Switch Only For Star Channels?

If Same Happened During IPL

Loss Is Only For Star Because The Ad Fee Agreement Based On TRP & Availability Of Channels

I watch Star Vijay HD daily free via base pack & Star Sports HD entire bouquet via All Sports HD top up @Rs.99 now if this comes into effect and last few more months it will definitely cost me heavily and that applies to most users and with Sun Direct,TS doing very well and always there is a migration from Airtel for want of Channels, this will severely affect Airtel users nationwide and make them look for other options & how quickly Airtel reaches a resolution it's good for Airtel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock