Breaking W.e.f 8th March Star Network Channels will be removed from base pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro, will we get them for free by default, or do we have to follow the Missed-Call procedure for such free channels too?
We need to give missed call to activate those channels.

guys what about the hd topups.. is star channels in hd topus will also get removed ?

bro, how would I know that is this channel free for me or will be charged alcarte basis.

Secondly how many channels can I opt for free?
check channel no 102.. even cc dont know much details.. when i called the cc they told me to switch on channel 102

then what about the topups? whether they will refund that amount or will provide other channels
Only Alacarte topups will continue to get Star Channels. HD combo topups will get refund based on number of channels in combo pack.

Last edited:
I watch Star Vijay HD daily free via base pack & Star Sports HD entire bouquet via All Sports HD top up @Rs.99 now if this comes into effect and last few more months it will definitely cost me heavily and that applies to most users and with Sun Direct,TS doing very well and always there is a migration from Airtel for want of Channels, this will severely affect Airtel users nationwide and make them look for other options & how quickly Airtel reaches a resolution it's good for Airtel.

There is nothing to suffer for Airtel, they have took a great decision by not increasing pack prices and going by Star's words. Already all SD star channels will be available in pack for free as they have said. Only HD channels remain, In TN mostly people watch Star Vijay :HD (35 Rs) and if they need they watch Star Sports HD :1 for IPL if they need. As many of them are using low level packs only they will surely subscribe to Star only for IPL and later they will unsubscribe it. Mostly lifestyle and infotainment channels will get hurt as mostly no one will pay for it to watch it in Tamil Nadu except few. So Star only suffer.

Last year they had a similar issue with ZEE Network and they gave Zee RIO freetopup to all which contained all ZEE channels. So everyone got more channels what they already got it in packs. Then Zee and Airtel sorted it out in a week.

They will sort this also as they have clearly mentioned this as temporary issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock