Watching FTA and Testing channels on TV using DTH Antennas

DTH Fan

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys

I have a very simple question. Many forum members regularly scan particular satellites and post update information about new channels.

I want to know can be purchase any specific STB from market and connect it to Tata Sky or DIshTV dish antenna and LNB to scan and watch these free channels?

I dont want to change Tata Sky and Dish TV dish antenna direction but I want to scan and watch FTA and new testing channels which forum members post about regularly.

So is it possible? Thanks in advance for any kind of help. :)

Normally you have to realign your antenna(except Insat 4B where u can use any brand FTA stb instead of DishTV stb with no antenna realignment to get FD channels) to the direction of sat. Alignment of Dish isn't a rocket science and you will be used to it in a month or so as precise alignment(you need to just point your dish to that direction) to get signal strength 90 % is not necessary for viewing unless you are ready to compromise with some PQ.

And what about Tata Sky antenna? Can we access any FTA or testing channels using FTA STB on Tata Sky antenna without changing its alignment?

DTH Fan said:
And what about Tata Sky antenna? Can we access any FTA or testing channels using FTA STB on Tata Sky antenna without changing its alignment?

TS antenna is directed towards INSAT 4A. So if u use any FTA stb then u will get information about existing channels and as well as test channels but u cannot watch those channels as those channels are normally encrypted.
But if TS doesn't encrypt some of their their channels or test channels(which is very rare) then u can watch those channels using FTA box.

Tatasky never test a channel Fta, even other channels also rarely goes Fta, till today I seen Fta channel only 3/4 times,
While d2h always test channels Fta.

Airtel does testing only for abt 20 odd minutes, for which the channel is FTA.

Videocon Always Tests In FTA Mode!

I Think Dish TV Too Sometimes!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock