When DishTV SD Will Be MPEG4?

AsitPaul said:
Since Tata (Sky also joined the MPEG4 revolution, now its high time for DishTV to completely move into MPEG4 System.

Any update regarding this?

Thread Starter Should Start Thread If He Has Some News About It..

Simply Creating Thread Does Not Help..

Because TS Went MPEG4 Is It Mandatory For DISH TV To Go MPEG 4...

Think Before Posting, Not Only ASIT PAUL But Others Too...

well lets continue the discussion just to have a knowledge sharing nothing more than it.

i just want to know that, is dish+ stbs equipped with mpeg4 technology or mpeg2 ?

dishtv = mpeg2 stb
dishtru hd = mpeg4 stb
dish+ = ? mpeg2 or mpeg4 stb ?

if dish+ stbs are equipped with mpeg4 technology like dish tru hd then do we need to change stbs during dishtv migrates to mpeg4 technology or we can use same dish+ stbs

SUNIEL said:
Dish+ are mpeg4 stb.

then Are dish+ customers getting hd channel list with unsubscribed channel displayed on them on their stb?

&

in future, if dishtv migrates its services to mpeg4 then do the dish+ customers need not to change their stbs?

Hd list is nothing to do with stb is mpeg4 or mpeg2, in tata sky there were no hd channels list in mpeg4 stb but recently to promote hd they add list on normal stb and its available on all i.e. On mpeg2 stb too. So if tp is lock by operator it cant scan. For ex. Dish Hd scan all tp from dd but cant scan sun dth tp from insat 4b

Dish TV really doesn't need to move to mpeg4 as they have a lot of space in hand still. What they need to do is introduce new Dish+ & Dish TruHD+ set top boxes with built in high capacity hard drives to enable smooth recording and other functions like live pause, rewind, etc. The current boxes with USB enabled recording are absolutely rubbish and sluggish as compared with ADTV or Tata SKY recorder set top boxes. They should also upgrade their software to bring it at par with ADTV and TS, which have by far the best software. :dodgy

But yes, I will say that PQ of Dish Tru HD channels is actually very good and better than both ADTV and TS (both of which I use). And I am saying this after watching on a 65" TV. No need to move to mpeg4 when they already have so many upscaled HD channels they can replace. And already they have the maximum number of Tru HD channels minus the ESS channels. I don't know why they are sticking to their unconventional crappy USB recording STBs. Better boxes will provide much better value to their service :huh

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock