Sad News Airtel recalling non-active xtreme boxes

Kiran Visal

Reaction score
Once again I received a call from some CC. They told that since my box is deactivated, I need to return the box, wiring & antenna.
I told I am am fine with it but what about the security deposit that they took while I took connection. They don`t have any information regarding that. I told them to get this info and then only call me back. Her name was Poonam.

Regarding deposit & installation, I was took it in the year 2020 just before covid. At that time xtreme used to cost 4000 while Tata Play Binge costed 6000+. Since Binge was costly and had no netflix, I took xtreme. If I remember correctly, some 1200 or 1800 is security deposit and rest was maybe installation charge or towards pack.

Is there anyone who has bought xtreme at that time and receiving calls for its return?
Relabelling it as Sad news as returning box without getting deposit is sad.

check your last bill. the security deposit will be mentioned. It is standard practice to refund security deposit minus payable dues when recalling equipment. do not return until they confirm what is due or how much they will return.

Is inactive Airtel Xstream box can use for other android apps with Wifi?

What if you don't give it back?
Airtel may suffer huge losses leading to shutdown of their dth business.
check your last bill. the security deposit will be mentioned. It is standard practice to refund security deposit minus payable dues when recalling equipment. do not return until they confirm what is due or how much they will return.
Where do we get last bill? I get the bill of the only recent transactions of recharging account that too till June this year only.
Is inactive Airtel Xstream box can use for other android apps with Wifi?
No. Not possible. And if someone has smart tv, they don`t need it also.

Today received a call from some knowledgeable service executive and had a discussion in detail regarding box recall. It is just that Airtel is pushing inactive customers to recharge that's why such scare tactics are employed.
Hence if they call you asking to surrender the box, say yes. They can't say anything more. Also they are not aware of 700 rupees hindi bachat plan.

Do you want to buy Tata Bing plus android box with 11 month warranty at 1499? Contact me

Last edited by a moderator:
I recharged with Annual LDP plan and watching IND VS ENG test.
CC: Sir, your account has been suspended and you need to return the box.
Me: okay. Take it.
CC: Sir, confirm your address.
Me: (Gives some random address from Andaman & Nicobar)
CC: Okay sir. Our team will call you once they reach the location.
Me: okay.

CC called from +91-9355560725

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock