Discussion Which dth HD Settop box is good

Is picture quality and Audio quality about the Settop box ? isn't about the transmission quality? I am using sundirect. I see better quality video and audio in some SD channels and worser in other. Settop box is just decoding the signal. Only bandwidth used and decoding algorithm matters. I think HEVC decoding with good bandwidth allocated and better quality to start with is the best.

you are partly right.... PQ depends on transmission and bitrate. but stb decoding is also important since modern STB with help of good drivers can enhance the PQ. (source: trust me i am an engineer... lol JK i worked with few STB manufactures ).

But HEVC is still not implemented in india in broadcasting, the HEVC you see in the STB is nothing but the STB can decode HEVC streams... which just makes the box future ready so if they move to HEVC later they dont have to swap 10million boxes for free since the customers would never pay.... which happened to TS when they switched from Mpeg2 - Mpeg4...
and HEVC is used for giving better quality for same size rather than giving same quality in smaller size.

Yes,Dish TV providing Good PQ on SD channels but I think Dish TV needs some more improvement in HD AQ quality because they are not providing DD on many HD channels.

Dish TV always good option for North SD users.

Airtel is best in PQ/AQ....

you are partly right.... PQ depends on transmission and bitrate. but stb decoding is also important since modern STB with help of good drivers can enhance the PQ. (source: trust me i am an engineer... lol JK i worked with few STB manufactures ).

But HEVC is still not implemented in india in broadcasting, the HEVC you see in the STB is nothing but the STB can decode HEVC streams... which just makes the box future ready so if they move to HEVC later they dont have to swap 10million boxes for free since the customers would never pay.... which happened to TS when they switched from Mpeg2 - Mpeg4...
and HEVC is used for giving better quality for same size rather than giving same quality in smaller size.

Airtel is best in PQ/AQ....
Airtel provides poor PQ on sd channels. Some friends using airtel digital tv hd.

Airtel provides poor PQ on sd channels. Some friends using airtel digital tv hd.
i dont see any difference in quality for good broadcasters............ my parents watch southindian (SUN/VIJAY/ZEE Tamil) i occasionally watch SWHD/CIHD so mostly HD channels and cant complaint it is very good compared other DTH. so why watch SD when you have HD? lol

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock