why centre not given digital license to arasu cableo

HOUSE-MD said:
Viki, i have no idea what an LCO does but like most others had bad quality cable TV experience from an LCO and an MSO so want some relief for their trouble so was searching for a good alternate and Arasu came like surprise so i want their service.

I will get it from my LCO if he gives or i would like the state govt to nationalise the cable tv business and give me the service. All i want is a decent cable tv experience with most pay channels that most people watch and i wont care if they remove few channels due to personal issues (Not all MSO and DTH across the nation provide 100% channels).

Yes, as an end user I too will be happy to get the channels for Rs 100 or Rs 70.

But in reality? Arasu signal is very worst in rural areas , and LCO's losing business because of that. I too moved to Airtel first then to Videocon for my connection in my home town. Here in Chennai , I am not with SCV but with Videocon which is cheap for my choice of channels while comparing with other DTH. When I am moving in to my new house , I have to choose new DTH , but LCO in that area told SCV HD Box will be available by that time. But my builder forcing to choose Airtel as he has tie up for MDU.

When other MSO's was there LCO's normally get their shares and the infrasturcture is taken care by MSO. Now , everything is taken care by LCO's at their cost do you think , it is fair? and profitable. Many in rural areas left cable tv business. And when other MSOs was there they didn't show full count of connections now in some areas the no of connections Arasu calculates based on no of ration cards!! we know how many of them are not using cable and how many fake ration cards we have.

For the people they are not getting some important tamil channels. And as there is no other MSO exists in TN (except Chennai) , Arasu became monopoly and doing arm twisting business with pay channel. As like other Govt companies Arasu is not making any profit. No TAX revenue.

It is loss to Govt , Loss to operators , Loss to Media houses & Loss to people.

If you think It is only central Govt is stopping DAS license. Sorry , there must be some media house lobby behind that they already faced arm twisting experience from TN and they definitely will not be happy to face the same from other state govts.

HOUSE-MD said:
I never compared the private MSO's, i mentioned only the state owned MSO. And the recommendation to keep out this State Govt away from cable business came after Arasu got CAS license so the recommendation may not apply.

All other states application can be stopped at application stage itself and people wont be affected in any way as they are yet to be started and don't have any subscribers, but Arasu has over 65 lakh individual subscribers and with no license they would be affected. And they cant just scrap the countries largest MSO (Arasu Cable) just like that.

I am also talking about state owned MSOs , the rule equal for private and state owned MSOs there is no exceptional in this case.

HOUSE-MD said:
Madurai Bench of the Madras High Court had, on December 6, 2012 gave orders for issuing the DAS licence to TACTV.

And DAS cant be implemented without taking a decision on Arasu....

Ofcourse Yes , they will take decision on DAS license before implementing DAS. But once DAS implementation starts , Arasu's analog and CAS license will become invalid.

HOUSE-MD said:
This is exactly i too wish from Arasu, a high class service when it comes to signal and cable wirings. Arasu has to put more efforts on this front.

underground cables,fiber optics all for Rs70 PM!!

VIKI and HOUSE MD.. keep up the good work here.. making the thread really Hot!!

whatever happens, arasu will come to chennai.. but what would be the quality of service from arasu is big question. will wait and watch

Kavery Digital a MSO which is created by the cable operators share is waiting for DAS implementation. In this company a cable operator or a group of cable operator can join as a share holder. They have decided to get Rs. 100/- as BST rate. In this Rs. 90/- will be paid for cable operator and Rs. 10/- for MSO. At next level Rs. 150/- cost Rs. 110/- will be paid to cable operator and Rs. 40/- for MSO. This arrangement is pure and good for all. In this MSO, Cable operator and the customer, no one will be affected.

johncyrill said:
Kavery Digital a MSO which is created by the cable operators share is waiting for DAS implementation. In this company a cable operator or a group of cable operator can join as a share holder. They have decided to get Rs. 100/- as BST rate. In this Rs. 90/- will be paid for cable operator and Rs. 10/- for MSO. At next level Rs. 150/- cost Rs. 110/- will be paid to cable operator and Rs. 40/- for MSO. This arrangement is pure and good for all. In this MSO, Cable operator and the customer, no one will be affected.

its tough for any other MSO to survive. either its scv or arasu thats it.. all others gone.

Satvijay said:
its tough for any other MSO to survive. either its scv or arasu thats it.. all others gone.

Yes. But If TRAI implement its recommendation on cable monopoly then others can survive.

Satvijay said:
underground cables,fiber optics all for Rs70 PM!!

Who said its for Rs 70 PM??

Arasu Cable TV will charge a monthly subscription of Rs. 70 for 100 channels and customers would have to pay separately for additional pay channels, a state government release here said.

Arasu never said the the subscription charge is just Rs 70 for DAS, it could be just the basic pack with 100 Channels, while Arasu has planned to offer upto 500 Channels with 20 in HD mode and there would be add on packages and a HD pack too.

Yes, once the entire City gets Arasu the corporation would be in a position to offer fiber optics to takeover the broadband as well in the future and would anyone deny such a quality and affordable cable tv service and Internet service??

Satvijay said:
whatever happens, arasu will come to chennai.. but what would be the quality of service from arasu is big question. will wait and watch

Quality is always a question from everyone unless they actually take over, so we just have to wait and watch what actually happens. Even the most most popular beverage brand CocaCola had several issues and did we ever stop drinking that? I don't like these beverages anyways but still i just cant stop buying several bottles of these every month....

Yes, we have to wait and watch.

Satvijay said:

Yes, unless some other party takes over the state which is unlikely for at-least the next several decades its only these two MSO's that will rule the state.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock