why dish TV comparing with tatasky

but at end people will pay slight premium if he want to upgrade from local analog cable to Full entatinement including hd channels.

waont go for dish, due to non availability of dvr, and poor stb and poor UI.

that's where dish tv concern.

and trying to attract prospective ts customer, by luring hd channel count to 27.

but people will move smartly

soorya_g said:
Any prospective customer of any DTH will first compare the number of channels (of his regional and national )with his existing cable operator. This will be a weak point for TS.
The second factor is cost both initial and recurring. Here also TS is not not better than others.

me_saket said:
but at end people will pay slight premium if he want to upgrade from local analog cable to Full entatinement including hd channels.

waont go for dish, due to non availability of dvr, and poor stb and poor UI.

that's where dish tv concern.

and trying to attract prospective ts customer, by luring hd channel count to 27.

but people will move smartly
I think the customers who prefer HD channels need not prefer DVR. HD box with USB recording is much cheaper. Here also TS score negative.

rushils372 said:
tata sky will add many more channels after complete mpeg 4 migration
Yes . All of us are eagerly waiting . But my worry is that they are least concerned about HD channels.

Although dish provide 27 HD channels.
And ts wit just 14.

Prospective and existing customer would be happy if ts just adds 5-6 HD channels

I mean to say 99% customer would buy ts leaving dish TV with 27 channel.
Bcoz ts emphasize on quality and not quantity.

Thus adding 6 HD channel would make dish TV sales in trouble.

Those 6 channel according to me are

Mostly movies
Z cinema HD
Z studio HD
HBO hits HD
HBO defined HD
Life OK HD
Fox traveller HD

Sent from my Connect-2G-2.0

Do u think customer are going to dish try HD bcoz it provide USB recordings,
Very less are attracted by it,, bcoz crust not see any value for money.

Bust if ts introduce USB recording, all will run behind ts to enable it early.

TS has jumped into providing number wagon so quality may take back seat. So + pts for TS wud be good STB & service but then Dishtv is also catching, may be whole picture will be different after 4-5 months...
If someone is simply interested in no of HD chs then only they will go for other DTH. Anyway TS need to provide more HD chs for sure...

me_saket said:
Although dish provide 27 HD channels.
And ts wit just 14.

Prospective and existing customer would be happy if ts just adds 5-6 HD channels

I mean to say 99% customer would buy ts leaving dish TV with 27 channel.
Bcoz ts emphasize on quality and not quantity.

Thus adding 6 HD channel would make dish TV sales in trouble.

Those 6 channel according to me are

Mostly movies
Z cinema HD
Z studio HD
HBO hits HD
HBO defined HD
Life OK HD
Fox traveller HD

Movies NowHD is missing. This is one of the most sought after channels by English Movie lovers.

me_saket said:
Do u think customer are going to dish try HD bcoz it provide USB recordings,
Very less are attracted by it,, bcoz crust not see any value for money.

Bust if ts introduce USB recording, all will run behind ts to enable it early.

Please read my post once again.I reiterate that the customers who want HD connection need not opt for DVR or STB with USB recording. In between DVR and HD STB with USB recording , the second one is cheaper.
Cost wise the STB with USB recording is marginally higher than HD STB which is not the case with HD DVR.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock