Why naked TV is so hot right now

Dileep Kumar

Reaction score
It's a brave n*de world.
Rihanna and Miley push the limits on showing celebrity skin, but now real people are getting into the act, baring all Adam-and-Eve-style on television, with only blurry digital fig leaves preventing a full Monty.
When survivalist seriesNaked and Afraiddebuted on Discovery Channel last year, the series raised eyebrows and intrigued viewers as the highest-rated series premiere in the network's history.
And you know what that means: Copycats and clones were quickly ordered up.
Sunday, Discovery is offering a sneak peek of a new Naked season (10 ET/PT ) that features a single man and woman who've never met in new, exotic locations. TLC'sBuying Naked, due June 28, focuses on a real-estate agent who works in Florida nudist communities. And on July 17, VH1 unveilsDating Naked, putting all the mystery that's usually saved for later and in the dark on display from the first moment these couples meet.
"Definitely,Naked and Afraidwas groundbreaking and gave us more permission to try something like this on air," says Howard Lee, TLC's executive vice president of program and development.
And VH1's Susan Levison saysDating Nakedwas the first project she bought when she became programming chief last fall, and has since heard several more pitches for naked TV shows.
Put "naked" in the title, bare bodies on the screen and watch what happens. Those behind the cameras hope for big ratings. Those in front of the cameras seem to figure out the sum is worth more than the private parts.
"I forgot I was naked," says Alison Teal, a surfer, survivalist and filmmaker who participated on Season 1 ofNaked and Afraid. The larger issues of food and shelter took over immediately. But that doesn't mean she took baring her body lightly.
"My nickname was 'the nun' growing up. I'm very old-fashioned in my morals." It took her about a year, she says, to decide to do the show. Teal wants to spread a message about sustainable living and thought the show could help with that. "If you have an incredible story and you're naked, awesome. If the naked is just naked to be naked? I'm not so sure how that is helping the world move forward. I feel like a lot of people are getting so desensitized."
But Jackie Youngblood says taking the mystique out of the uncovered human form is a good thing. The fun-loving real estate agent star of TLC'sBuying Nakedis a nudist, but wears clothes as she's showing houses to unclothed potential buyers.
Among topics to consider: Kitchen counter height, and how that might hit a male buyer right in the you-know-what. "One thing I like to do is educate people in the nudist lifestyle. I think this is a wonderful way to do that."
Levison insists the same about her dating show. "This isn't just a noisy title" or a cheap ratings ploy, she insists.Dating is a real quest for love — just an undressed one. So what exactly do you see? Bare bums abound on all the shows, while the front sides of men and women are blurred to comply with basic cable standards.
READ MORE:-http://www.ksdk.com/story/life/2014/06/19/naked-tv-so-hot/11031401/

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock