Seeking Help Will Airtel return security deposit if account got deactivated?

I don't think anyone would come to take the box back. I have seen many deactivated boxes around me but nobody has come to any house to recover the box. And anyway why should we give our purchased box to someone else just to not recharge it. This is our box, it is our wish, should we get it recharged or not. Last year I deactivate my dish tv box after watching IPL and I not got even single call that we will recover your box if you not recharge. I think they are just trying to force you to recharge it. If they take back the boxes every time then why do they launch deactivate user plans?
Yes.

In case of Airtel STB it is clearly mention on STB it is belongs to AIRTEL. I don't know about DishTV or other DTH STB.

Yes.

In case of Airtel STB it is clearly mention on STB it is belongs to AIRTEL. I don't know about DishTV or other DTH STB.
The same is also mentioned in Tata Play box covers. Generally, DTH companies make the STBs as their property even if you have paid any security deposit or STB purchase charges.

The same is also mentioned in Tata Play box covers. Generally, DTH companies make the STBs as their property even if you have paid any security deposit or STB purchase charges.
Haa Bhai.

I had one experiance to, When I have purchase Airtel connection they give me CalCom box, I don't like their UI, I request them to exchange my box, guess what I got my new box exchange to old / used box. Simply they saying box exchange is done by old boxes only.

Since (5 years) exchange I have no issue on STB. Just sharing my experiance here bhai.

Ur DTH Account would be deactivated for a very long time hence u got this message.....as per Terms & Conditions we agree upon while buying box under Lease/Rental option, STB remains property of the company and they can ask the customer to return the same if account is suspended for more duration

Ur DTH Account would be deactivated for a very long time hence u got this message.....as per Terms & Conditions we agree upon while buying box under Lease/Rental option, STB remains property of the company and they can ask the customer to return the same if account is suspended for more duration
Just 3 months only😵

I have activated LifeTime Safe Custody in my Airtel on 4 May 2024. 1 month later I started receiving this messages despite my account is in Lifetime Safe Custody mode with 10 months of balance remaining.

Any idea why Airtel send me these messages or Are 30 days a very long time as you said??

I have activated LifeTime Safe Custody in my Airtel on 4 May 2024. 1 month later I started receiving this messages despite my account is in Lifetime Safe Custody mode with 10 months of balance remaining.

Any idea why Airtel send me these messages or Are 30 days a very long time as you said??

Check with customer care bro.....also as far as i know there is no such service which allows safe custody to be activated for entire lifetime . I think ur box wpuld have been permanently deactivated with balance intact so u would have optuon to reactivate box later by giving required fee or initiate refund of remaining balance

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock