Will SCV add any new channels in analog or digital??

• Thread starter Thread starter Satvijay
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 440
  • Views Views: Views 43,634
Sadiq said:
@pearpearl: You can contact SCV directly for set top box. One of my friend got the box from SCV directly and paying directly to SCV. But he got the box in January. You can try calling them anyway.

Sure, i thought about that. But no MSO can directly connect to the subscribers, and if i go direct my LCO might get enraged and if he moves to some other MSO shortly then i wont get a penny in return and he may delay my STB from the new MSO too, also the LCO client relationship will get spoiled and as always i need to get in touch with the LCO for anything and everything and SCV cant do much.

So i think it is always better to accept what the LCO says and sit silent and complain in DDF and hope for a better cable service tomorrow. :wall :wall

pearlpearl said:
Did anyone get sports channel in SCV analogue for CCL 2013? (Huh what a fate to keep begging the LCO for sports channel during every sport event??)

I heard that CSK was live today in CCL 2013, but my LCO disappointed me as usual and didn't give any sports channel for me to watch the game. :-/ I want some sports channel. :angry

pearlpearl said:
Sure, i thought about that. But no MSO can directly connect to the subscribers, and if i go direct my LCO might get enraged and if he moves to some other MSO shortly then i wont get a penny in return and he may delay my STB from the new MSO too, also the LCO client relationship will get spoiled and as always i need to get in touch with the LCO for anything and everything and SCV cant do much.

So i think it is always better to accept what the LCO says and sit silent and complain in DDF and hope for a better cable service tomorrow. :wall :wall

Hi PearlPearl,

I will give u some suggestions to overcome LCO's problem.
Don't give monthly subscription or drag as much as possible, and tell them unless to provide some important i won't give the monthly subscription. My LCO gives Star cricket for CLT20, but it scorecard and commentary in hindi, so i asked to give Star sports. Initially he refused, as he don't know anything about sports. But after i talk boldly, he changed the channel to star sports.
LCO should depend on us , we should depend on them. It is applicable to any business.

sathishbabu4u said:
Hi PearlPearl,

I will give u some suggestions to overcome LCO's problem.
Don't give monthly subscription or drag as much as possible, and tell them unless to provide some important i won't give the monthly subscription. My LCO gives Star cricket for CLT20, but it scorecard and commentary in hindi, so i asked to give Star sports. Initially he refused, as he don't know anything about sports. But after i talk boldly, he changed the channel to star sports.
LCO should depend on us , we should depend on them. It is applicable to any business.

I tried to delay the monthly subscription once, but my parents say that "poor guy, how many days will he come to get his money" and as usual they are the first to pay exactly on 1st or 2nd of every month.

They are happy that they get all the Tamil news and English news channels and don't bother about sports or Eng-movies.

I shall do my best this month to delay the subscription and tell him the issue (but im sure that he isn't like other LCO, he just doesn't worry or care about his clients and all he wants is money).

pearlpearl said:
Yes, if my LCO allows i too would love to move to digital (though the provider has a history of ruining subscribers peace and imposing his dictations ) as the current situation in digital is at-least 80 - 90% good and i almost have all my favorite channels (no complains) in SCV Rs 250 package and as an alternative TCCL Rs 180 package (best deal till date).

Your LCO not giving STB!! surprise!

Satvijay said:
Your LCO not giving STB!! surprise!

No, it's not exactly that he doesn't give. But he tells that there could be a CHANGE so WAIT..... every time he says the same...

So when the LCO is so reluctant to give STB then how will be resolve issues that i may face with DAS? he would just say that "i already told you, you didn't hear so i cant do anything".

He said "I cant do anything .... I cant do anything ...." when i asked for clear picture for the Eng-movie channels and only after around 1/3 of his subscribers left him he put additional boosters to make things better.

But if demanded he will give STB, but after seeing atleast 5 DAS subscribers around giving back the STB complaining that the quality sucks (as the LCO has fewer boosters that can only support analogue and not sufficient for DAS) and channels go missing frequently and not worth Rs 250 that they pay and they find that analogue is better than DAS in our area.

pearlpearl said:
No, it's not exactly that he doesn't give. But he tells that there could be a CHANGE so WAIT..... every time he says the same...

So when the LCO is so reluctant to give STB then how will be resolve issues that i may face with DAS? he would just say that "i already told you, you didn't hear so i cant do anything".

He said "I cant do anything .... I cant do anything ...." when i asked for clear picture for the Eng-movie channels and only after around 1/3 of his subscribers left him he put additional boosters to make things better.

But if demanded he will give STB, but after seeing atleast 5 DAS subscribers around giving back the STB complaining that the quality sucks (as the LCO has fewer boosters that can only support analogue and not sufficient for DAS) and channels go missing frequently and not worth Rs 250 that they pay and they find that analogue is better than DAS in our area.

hmm :(

Satvijay said:

So for me to get an STB and get good service in the local cable there are only two options...

Either SCV has to create its own LCO's and deliver STB's with a guarantee proper quality and service, or

Jak or TCCL has to enter my area and force the LCO to sell STB, so when everyone has STB the LCO cant be fooling around with reluctant service and poor quality.

Since Arasu doesn't offer STB and doesnt seem to enter Chennai in the near future the chances look bleak.

Back
Top Bottom